'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Poll Exiss vs Elite vs Featherlite

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-01-15 12:13 PM
4 replies, 6658 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Darin
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-15 12:48 AM (#53875)
Subject: Exiss vs Elite vs Featherlite

New User

I have been searching for a slant 4 horse LQ for my two 17+ hand warmbloods.  1 has girth and 1 is long.  I am leaning toward the featherlite 8549 because it has 50" stalls.  Most have 40" which equates to below 35". This trailer does not come with a LQ pkg standard and I am wondering if someone Could tell me if the Exiss XT410GLQ or Elite will safely and comfortably hold these horses?  Also any comments on equispirit?

I am a new trailer buyer and most of my research has been online since SoCal does not have many dealers.  What is frustrating is that once an LQ is in the picture everyone forgets the important things (horse stall details).  I have been searching for a year but now I have run out of time. 

Darin

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
threeman
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2007-01-15 6:02 AM (#53880 - in reply to #53875)
Subject: RE: Exiss vs Elite vs Featherlite

Extreme Veteran

I would compare compartment sizes of the three trailers but not price. Elite will be much more expensive that the other two. However, it will also be built much much heavier than either one of the two listed. Elite seems to have the "over build" attitude when designing something. Its really built very solid.

I own two now.
hav2ride
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-01-15 8:17 AM (#53884 - in reply to #53875)

Expert

I totally agree with threeman. Elite is one of the best and will custom make it for you to the specifications you need. High resale too... if you ever WANT to sell it.
rider3
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2007-01-15 10:46 AM (#53888 - in reply to #53875)

Veteran

I just went through this.  The largest stall I could find included the F-lite.  However, the floor did not impress me on them, seemed 'thin'.  The stalls on Exiss and Elite are, in my opinion, average, esp. when you crunch the numbers. When you diagram the stall size physically,  I found larger stalls in Merhow and even larger (longer) in Logan Coach (what I ended up with). 

Having said that, the F-lite's sure seem popular and seem to hold up well, except for pitting concerns about the floor. Maintenance would be esp. important. Since my horses are large and heavy, floor strength was very important.

threeman
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2007-01-15 12:13 PM (#53891 - in reply to #53875)

Extreme Veteran

The standards for Elites are 40". I had a silverstar once that had standard width of 42". Most can custom make something but most of what you will find on the lots are 39-42" wide. Some manufactures make warm blood trailers.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)