'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Had a wreck

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-06-11 6:44 PM
4 replies, 3238 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mingiz
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2007-06-11 6:16 AM (#62118)
Subject: Had a wreck

Elite Veteran

Last week I was going to pick up a horse at the track. I was driving along in the slow lane around 40-45 mph. The next thing I know I felt the whole rig move. Kinda like a big gust of wind hit it. I said WTF! and looked out my mirror and seen this idiot bouncing down the side of my trailer.So after I got off the road I looked at my trailer and all I had was a few scratch/scun marks on the running board, paint on the fender and my hub cap dented. the tires were marred but no cuts. I went and looked at the car and it was a ford taurus. The passenger side was missing the signal /headlight lense, and the whole side of the car looked like a good ole fashion country wash board road with black tire marks on it....The guy wasn't paying attention and the car in front of him slammed on brakes and the guy that got me leaped before he looked. I was impressed how the trailer held up from the impact with it being aluminium. No horse on board.  got it home and looked at it more closely to make sure nothing was over looked and the trailer is fine...I can't complain about my EXISS!!!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
IcePonyGoddess
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2007-06-11 6:23 AM (#62119 - in reply to #62118)
Subject: RE: Had a wreck

Elite Veteran

Glad you and your rig were OKAY~~!
longearsrule
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2007-06-11 8:40 AM (#62126 - in reply to #62118)

Extreme Veteran

Glad everything was ok. A friend was run into here a few weeks ago. It was a stock trailer with a horse in it. Some guy had been fishing on the river and drinking and ran into the back of the trailer as they were getting ready to turn. It knocked the trailer off the ball and ran it into the cab of the truck. Luckily on one hurt bad. Horse got skinned up on the face some, but I think he is ok. The guy never saw them, never but on the brakes. They were all lucky.
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-06-11 8:50 AM (#62128 - in reply to #62126)

Expert

There was a thread about trailers coming off the ball hitch not too long ago.They CAN do it given the right and unfortunate circumstances in some of the cases.Two deaths I know of due to this happening.

Some people are just nuts and don't have any business driving.Usually they are on cell phones when they aren't "paying attention."

Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2007-06-11 6:44 PM (#62151 - in reply to #62118)

Expert

Similar to your accident, I pulled up to a intersection.  A little wide since I had to make a Right turn.

Traffic was bad and it took a minute to get an opening I could pull out into with my rig. As I pulled out, I felt something, thought maybe the tires had bumped the curb. I was more focused on staying in the inside lane as cars flew by on the far lane. After completing my turn I looked in the mirror and saw green car straddling the curb.  There was lots of traffic and no place to pull over or turn around. By time I got turned around and went back he was gone. But folks said he snuck up the inside of me trying to make a right turn, as I turned I pushed him through the stop sign and high centered him on the gutter.

I went home, unloaded the horses and inspected the trailer. Like you I had a couple of scratches on the running board, a smashed hub cap. But that was it. The cement curb was really chewed up, I suspect his skidded his frame down it 10 feet or so. I didn't feel a bit bad for the idiot trying to squeeze through.

On the other hand, I had a friend who got "T bones" by a kid in a pickup. Rolled both his truck and trailer. And the kid bounced off and hit two other cars. totaled 4 cars and a 4 horse trailer.  They got the horse out but he died shortly after. And of course the kid had no insurance. He grandfather stepped up and paid for the truck and trailer. My friends horse was 20 years old, So they couldn't get a value assigned to it, so very little was paid for the horse.

Edited by Painted Horse 2007-06-11 6:45 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)