'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Commercial Insurance

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-12-20 11:41 AM
3 replies, 2640 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Windy Hill Mules
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2006-12-19 9:29 AM (#52639)
Subject: Commercial Insurance

Where would be a good place to find Hauler Insurance ?

Edited by Windy Hill Mules 2006-12-19 9:30 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-12-19 11:04 PM (#52671 - in reply to #52639)
Subject: RE: Commercial Insurance

Expert

you could check with your insurance company first. I have mine with farm bureau. they take care of my home and truck f-250 and trailer stock combo check your state farm bureau happy holidays
robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-12-20 10:14 AM (#52679 - in reply to #52639)

Extreme Veteran

I worked insurance for several years, I personally do not see Farm Bureau being able to insure a commercial hauler.  I think the post is needing to have commercial insurance that a semi would need.  In this case, you will need to have them file the necessary forms with the state on your behalf as well.  In most cases, you will have to contact an independent insurance agent that has larger markets to insure this line of business.  Progressive used to offer a line of commercial insurance.  It all depends on your business.  Now, if you are not hauling for the public, you could get by with a personal lines policy with Farm Bureau to cover you.  From your headline, it seems that you are needing a more comprehensive commercial policy. 
Broken Bit
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-12-20 11:41 AM (#52683 - in reply to #52639)

Veteran

When ya find a co. that you are going to use make sure and read over the policy REAL GOOD.  Ask exactly what it covers.  With our big trucks, we actually have insurance that is broken down into sub-categories.  There is one deal when you are laiden, another for when you're bob-tail, another for the cargo, and yet another for liability!  Also check with your state to see what the minimum coverage is, dollar amount wise.  Probabaly 1/4 million.  I don't mean to discourage ya, but you are in for a real treat when you start dealin' with comm. insurance.  Good luck and I'll talk to y'all later...

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)