'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
trailer update

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-11-22 11:13 AM
2 replies, 2528 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

majoras
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2006-11-22 8:55 AM (#51781)
Subject: trailer update

OK,
Since I started the whole mess a few months ago, I thought I at least needed to give an update.

I purchased a Brenderup Prestige with some upgrades so the inside is more like a Baron.  I had to take a horse back to the seller (long boring story) yesterday.  Got the trailer Sunday.  Never trailered before in my life so I took a trailer savvy friend as a co-pilot (she drives a GN with LQ all the time). 

Bottom line.......LOVED IT.  Hitched it up myself.  Horse got on OK (had never seen a ramp before and had only been trailered in stock trailers before).  Tow vehicle (Toyota Sequoia  tow capacity 6500lbs GCVWR 12,000) was great.  Gas mileage was only 0.2 m/g less than without the trailer.  Now granted the mare was only a 14.2 hh 850 lb Morab and I had no other "stuff" in the trailer (1450 lbs).  But I am pleased.

And to all the doubters of the strength and intetrety of the synthetic walls.  They are bullet proof. I don't think aluminum can make that claim. 

So for those who own a Bup, thank you for your encouragment.  For those who don't but criticized, go look at one, you might be surprised at how sturdy/solid the trailer really is.

Thanks,
Amy
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chawley
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2006-11-22 10:37 AM (#51786 - in reply to #51781)
Subject: RE: trailer update

Congrats on a successful maiden voyage. I've owned steel or steel/alum. horse trailers my entire life, and I recently bought a Brenderup. I pick it up next week and I'm very excited! A friend of mine bought one and after helping her load her new horse one day, I was sold on it. This horse tried to destroy the trailer (and himself), but it didn't phase the trailer. Thankfully, he's fine too and now hauls well.
SLICKRNSNOT
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2006-11-22 11:13 AM (#51791 - in reply to #51781)
Subject: RE: trailer update

Elite Veteran

Thanks for the update!

This info will help others with the same questions.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)