'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Exiss trailers
[Frozen]

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-09-29 1:51 PM
15 replies, 4238 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh Frozen
Message format

Jumphigh83
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2006-09-29 7:33 AM (#49328)
Subject: Exiss trailers

New User

No one has the time for the whole saga here but if oyu are really interested try http://www.chronofhorse.com/ forums and search "exiss" for the entire ugly saga. Suffice it to say hat I would NEVER EVER buy another Exiss trailer. They are not well built (from the bending in the middle to the too short rivets in the ramp..only the ramp now not the whole trailer...yeah right..to the parts falling off the back end ..roller...not really for rolling only for decoration...)I could not be any more unhappy with this albatross. The dealer was all over me like white on rice until the problems became overwhelming and then "See you later!!!" I even had someone from Universal have to come to fix the doors that STILL dont shut and STILL rub on the side of the trailer!!! Can I just warn all of you shopping for a trailer to run screaming from an Exiss. Oh and yes the first trailer was such a POS that the company actually had to replace it after a year...Now trailer number two is no better! Do yourself a favor and buy something else. One that is structurally sound and waterproof (did I mention all the tack that was ruined in the trailer that wasnt properly sealed at the factory??) STILL waiting for a return call from the dealer from last Saturday when the roller fell off the back of the trailer (and I NEVER remember bottoming out...so what the heck?) Now parts are falling off the NEW trailer when we are driving around. Oh well please learn from my bad deal and buy something else NOT a Universal/Exiss trailer.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ASJ
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2006-09-29 7:52 AM (#49331 - in reply to #49328)
Subject: RE: Exiss trailers

Veteran

What model Exiss do you own?
jdzaharia
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-09-29 8:05 AM (#49336 - in reply to #49328)

Extreme Veteran

It seems odd to me that somebody would join a forum and their first post would be something like this. Maybe somebody should just start a thread like "Trailer company horror stories" or "Dealer horror stories" and all this stuff could get thrown on one pile.
ASJ
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2006-09-29 8:59 AM (#49343 - in reply to #49328)

Veteran

I agree...
mingiz
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2006-09-29 9:29 AM (#49351 - in reply to #49328)

Elite Veteran

Bummer.... I have an Exiss and never have had any problems with it.
kat
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2006-09-29 10:31 AM (#49358 - in reply to #49351)

Funny thing is, I have an 04 3H Sport from Exiss that hasn't given me any significant trouble, none at ALL. Minor problems have been quickly resolved, under warranty, every single time. I posted here a few days ago about a quirky thing with the battery/fuses- didn't even MENTION that it's an Exiss- nope, just asking as I assumed we, the people, had messed up somehow- and I'll be darned if the SERVICE MANAGER from DHMCO didn't call my husband to offer suggestions - how's THAT for service??? How DARE they go above and beyond? How DARE they??Oh, and here's an aside. My uncle bought a brand new BMW 7-series a few years back. Sucker wouldn't run worth a darn. After repeated services and trips to the dealer- he was told, BY the dealer- you can expect to spend 10% annually on maintenance for a luxury vehicle. So, 70K for the car, 7K a year to keep it running. His solution? Sell that POS and drive his old F250 instead. There's good and bad in each and EVERY brand, quit harping!so, take your brand of crazy somewhere else. We're full up here.
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-09-29 10:49 AM (#49362 - in reply to #49328)

Expert

My Exiss has been a very reliable, solid trailer and I bought it used.

arlene21
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-09-29 10:53 AM (#49365 - in reply to #49328)

Veteran

Hello,

Sorry we seem so cranky about this but if you will check the thread: Subject - RE: New LQ Horse trailer that leaks like a ...; you will see that this site has just gone through a similar story. Check out the thread and call Don. He is the savior for Exiss owners who have gotten into a bind which can be caused by company, dealer or their own human error.

RoperChick
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-09-29 10:56 AM (#49366 - in reply to #49362)

Veteran

Originally written by farmbabe on 2006-09-29 10:49 AM

My Exiss has been a very reliable, solid trailer and I bought it used.

Our's has been really reliable too, we've had it since it was new. It's getting close to having 60,000 miles on it and we've had no problems. I wouldn't hestitate to buy another Exiss Event.

SLICKRNSNOT
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2006-09-29 12:03 PM (#49375 - in reply to #49328)

Elite Veteran

Originally written by Jumphigh83 on 2006-09-29 5:33 AM

No one has the time for the whole saga here but if oyu are really interested try http://www.chronofhorse.com/ forums and search "exiss" for the entire ugly saga. Suffice it to say hat I would NEVER EVER buy another Exiss trailer. They are not well built (from the bending in the middle to the too short rivets in the ramp..only the ramp now not the whole trailer...yeah right..to the parts falling off the back end ..roller...not really for rolling only for decoration...)I could not be any more unhappy with this albatross. The dealer was all over me like white on rice until the problems became overwhelming and then "See you later!!!" I even had someone from Universal have to come to fix the doors that STILL dont shut and STILL rub on the side of the trailer!!! Can I just warn all of you shopping for a trailer to run screaming from an Exiss. Oh and yes the first trailer was such a POS that the company actually had to replace it after a year...Now trailer number two is no better! Do yourself a favor and buy something else. One that is structurally sound and waterproof (did I mention all the tack that was ruined in the trailer that wasnt properly sealed at the factory??) STILL waiting for a return call from the dealer from last Saturday when the roller fell off the back of the trailer (and I NEVER remember bottoming out...so what the heck?) Now parts are falling off the NEW trailer when we are driving around. Oh well please learn from my bad deal and buy something else NOT a Universal/Exiss trailer.

HMMMMMMM........VERY INTERESTING........

horseyford
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-09-29 12:15 PM (#49376 - in reply to #49328)

She has been through hell with that trailer....not a troll. I sent her here, because coming here and raising hell was the only way I got anything done about my Exiss that also fell apart. It seems as though the slant loads are made well and hold up, but the straight loads seem to have issues.
Gaelic
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-09-29 12:20 PM (#49378 - in reply to #49328)

Regular

I also post on COTH and have been following JH83's saga. Not having a dog in this fight (I don't own an Exiss and don't know anyone personally who does) I must say in her defense that I have never seen so many complaints online about any specific trailer manufacturer than I have of Exiss. Usually, where there's smoke, there's fire, and word of mouth is a big thing...one unhappy customer can mitigate a hundred happy ones. I do know there are happy ones out there.

Now, if you spent $25,000 on a trailer and it was a piece of crap, wouldn't you be upset? I can't blame the OP.

I will never buy an Exiss simply because of this negative publicity. Is it true of all Exiss trailers? Maybe not. But I'm not willing to risk the chance.

I second the suggestion to contact Don. He seems to be a miracle worker around these parts :)
arlene21
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-09-29 1:24 PM (#49383 - in reply to #49328)

Veteran

Personally, I would never buy a trailer, truck or anything expensive without researching it. I can understand how people can look at Exiss and be excited because they can get so much more for less than many other trailers. That is the allure of a line manufactured trailer and some people are happy with their purchase while others are discouraged with what they get. Once someone is in trouble, I think that person comes to this site for help because the traditional methods have failed and they are looking for help. Isn't that really the focus of a site like this; to help others? Rather than spend the time arguing whether Exiss is good or bad, why not spend the time helping a person who is totally frustrated and in need?
kat
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2006-09-29 1:29 PM (#49384 - in reply to #49383)

I don't know what else to offer her that she hasn't already been offered. I know her from COTH, too- I'm katarine over there. But haven't we all- been down this road before with her? Take their butts to court if you really feel this wrong, this far into the game. Yet another BB saga isn't going to resolve it.
arlene21
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-09-29 1:33 PM (#49385 - in reply to #49328)

Veteran

What is COTH? I have never heard of it and it sounds like there is more to this story than I know. I'll just stay out of it.
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2006-09-29 1:51 PM (#49386 - in reply to #49385)

Elite Veteran

This board will not be used to trash individuals or companies.  There are two sides to every story . . . including this one.   This has nothing to do with a particular trailer brand.  I've seen the same type of complaints from other trailer companies, who by the way, have a lot less trailers on the road. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)