'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Does anyone tow with a Class C RV?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-09-18 7:07 AM
5 replies, 3438 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

LazyDayHorseFarm. TN
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-09-15 5:24 PM (#48623)
Subject: Does anyone tow with a Class C RV?

Regular

I'm going to be buying a 27' Class C RV and wanted to know if anyone out there tows with an RV. Even if you don't I would like to hear the pros and cons about doing it.  It would just be towing a two horse bumper pull.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hounddog
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-09-16 5:23 AM (#48629 - in reply to #48623)
Subject: RE: Does anyone tow with a Class C RV?

Expert

Have a friend who had a Bounder class c and towed a 3 horse bumber pull Sooner.Loved it.Said you never knew it was back there.Got to where he did not like the class C. it was a 454 gas burner and got tired of the fuel cost,brake wear(other issues)and general maintance of it.
hav2ride
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-09-16 8:52 AM (#48633 - in reply to #48623)

Expert

You might want to post this question on pleasurehorse.com
It has a forum there and I think you'll get great info on this.
robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-09-16 3:54 PM (#48640 - in reply to #48623)

Extreme Veteran

We have some friends that we camp with that have this setup.  It is real handy from the aspect that you have so much space in the RV as compared to the LQ on a trailer.  However, they always have to borrow a truck if they want to leave camp and go somewhere.  That is the main downside I see with them.  You will see several rigs like this at any campground these days.  I would make sure that it was equipped with a powertrain capable of hauling the load you intend to hook to.  Best of luck with it.
blacktwh
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-09-17 8:51 PM (#48679 - in reply to #48623)

New User

My wife and I have been horse camping this year with a Class C RV pulling an aluminum 2h BP. We really enjoyed the living conveniences but sure did miss the freedom of available transportation while camping for a week. It is really nice to take a shower in our own motorhome after a long day of riding. I think a person considering this type of horse camping has to think about what is most important to themselves, living comfortably or needing transportation during your stay at the camp. Most any reasonable sized motorhome will easily handle a two horse trailer. Ours is an older Dodge with a 360 and it does fine. Good Luck.
Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-09-18 7:07 AM (#48693 - in reply to #48623)

Elite Veteran

There have been several people in the trail riding club I'm in that tow their trailers with RV's.  I'm not sure of the class of them, but one has a 35' with 2 slide-outs and they tow a 3H.  They have gone all over the country with it.

Others have smaller RV's and tow 2H's.  I agree about the problem with not having a way to leave camp once you're parked.  That is the biggest down side, but they sure are comfy and roomy.  Another friend has one of the van RV's and she pulls a Brenderup with it. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)