'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Resale Value- BP vs. Gooseneck

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-05-26 10:45 AM
3 replies, 2693 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

theorangehorse
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2006-05-25 9:53 PM (#42277)
Subject: Resale Value- BP vs. Gooseneck

Hey everyone- Another silly question for you, but how would the resale value compare between a 2H BP with side ramp versus the same model in a BP. I'm pushing for the gooseneck; dad says that no one else at the barn has a gooseneck and there is no reason to buy one. Since I load and unload myself, the side ramp is what I'm pushing for, and a gooseneck would be more stable when you get that length, no? Tow vehicle, maitnence, initial cost, etc. not withstanding, which would be an easier resale, a BP or a Gooseneck?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chadsalt
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-05-26 7:08 AM (#42279 - in reply to #42277)
Subject: RE: Resale Value- BP vs. Gooseneck

Expert

most likely wont matter. you mentioned all the other trailers at your barn are bp, that should be a fair indication of interest in your area.
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-05-26 7:22 AM (#42280 - in reply to #42277)

Expert

would a side ramp make loading and unloading easier?

I suppose resale is a consideration but for me, I buy what I need for the long haul. I plan on keeping my trailer for many years so resale just isn't a priority for me. Now if i was buying something to tide me over until I want something else, yes resale would have an impact but I guess I don't see buying something only to turn it over a short time later.

BP's are popular with those who- don't have a Gn suitable tow vechile and don't want to,those who don't have a great deal of stuff to haul or a long distance, those who don't plan on making the trailer the home away from home. BP's do serve a purpose.

As far as resale, i would think not all trailers are sold within your own area. So if you buy a GN only to resell it later, people are not afraid to travel a bit to find a good trailer. Just food for thought.

afkatrina
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2006-05-26 10:45 AM (#42285 - in reply to #42280)

I think BPs are easier to sell especially 2 horse trailers.  You can pull a 2 horse with a large SUV or with a 1500/150 truck.  When you get up to the GN, it cost a lot to equip your vehicle & you have to have a heavier duty truck/rearend (usually not standard on your 1500/150s, though I know people successfully pull GNs with those).

Also, if you ever get in a pinch & have to borrow a tow vehicle, it's much harder to find someone with a GN hitch.

But... like someone else said, I buy what I want & need.  I just sold my first trailer after 11 years & plan to keep my "new to me" trailer that long too.  My new one is a GN.

Brenda

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)