'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Just got my first trailer...couple questions

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-05-20 5:13 PM
4 replies, 2759 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

SassyAQHA
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2006-05-18 10:31 PM (#41938)
Subject: Just got my first trailer...couple questions

Hi guys,I've finally got my first trailer. It's a 2005 CM 2 horse bumper pull Playday. I really like it but I do not like how the side windows are open. Where can I bring the trailer to get plexiglass installed? And how do I go about getting a saddle rack put in? Also, how do you keep the trailer from getting rusted? There are already a couple tiny rust spots...is it possible to remove them with something? Sorry for all the questions, thanks y'all!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
barry
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2006-05-19 6:03 AM (#41941 - in reply to #41938)
Subject: RE: Just got my first trailer...couple questions

Veteran

Several inventive persons here have posted solutions for attaching plexiglass - in the not too distant past. Or you can contact CM and they will sell you the alum channel they install at the factory. You do have to rivet that to the walls. But then you can slide the glass in and out. Again, though there are several "home-made" good suggestions on this board. Do a search.
SassyAQHA
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2006-05-19 11:46 AM (#41960 - in reply to #41938)

I did do a search but couldn't come up with much. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction. Besides, there were other questions in my post besides the windows that I'd like answers to.
cascadia
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2006-05-20 11:03 AM (#42014 - in reply to #41938)

Veteran

Welcome!  To take care of areas of rust that haven't yet eaten into the paint I use "rubbing compound."  To kill l areas of rust you can buy a product called "rust converter" in the auto department of Walmart or most auto parts stores.  It turns the rust into black primer.  Or buy some fine sand paper, spray can of primer and spray of paint that matches your trailer (I like the small cans.  Just make sure they are all the same brand to make sure the paint sticks). Sand, clean, primer and paint.  If it's a tiny spot you can buy a matching touch-up paint in a small pen like container.  I'm so totally the "rattle-can Queen!"  But it is worth it to take care of this before it eats your trailer!  To make sure it won't rust, keep it washed and waxed, caulk all the seams, seek them out and make sure they are all caulked.  Park your trailer where moisture won't get to it, if not under cover at least on a dry surface (not on the grass).  I don't know how to install plexi-glass.  But I live in Oregon and I know how to battle rust!
SassyAQHA
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2006-05-20 5:13 PM (#42025 - in reply to #41938)

Thanks so much for the info!! I bought a thing of touch-up paint and covered up every single tiny rust spot and even some rock chips. I also washed and waxed the paint, it looks brand new. I have to keep it on the side of my house in the grass unfortunatly though. I might invest in a cover. Thanks again!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)