'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
any experience with Kiefers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-05-08 10:45 AM
8 replies, 3933 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Loki
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-05-03 9:19 PM (#41278)
Subject: any experience with Kiefers

I am looking at a GN Genesis 05  Kiefer - any comments?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-05-04 3:52 AM (#41282 - in reply to #41278)
Subject: RE: any experience with Kiefers

Expert

Very well built trailer, uses extruded floor. Doors are very well built. I would say they are middle of the pack. You can buy better and you can buy worse. I have put LQ's in a few of them they are very square.
Laramie13
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2006-05-04 11:59 AM (#41301 - in reply to #41278)

We have a Keifer Genesis purchased in July 05 and have enjoyed every trip made in it thusfar. Our decision at that time was based on - aluminum construction, quality, amenities, price, dealer and service. Now, we plan to have it for many years to come but, if we do decide to upgrade, either in size or just to get a newer model [all things considered] we'll most likely go with another Keifer - and definitely from the same dealer.
Lurker
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2006-05-04 1:44 PM (#41309 - in reply to #41278)

I had an 03 kiefer genesis x440 and it was a good entry level lq trailer.  Which is what I was looking at and fit my price range at the time.  When I started using it heavily, I did have some problems with my trailer.  I constantly had to tighten the bolts that held the door latches.  I also had some dividers fall out from the thin aluminum that held the latches up.  I was lucky enough to have a dealer that was awesome to work with and made any repairs necessary.
Pleasure Man
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-05-05 11:47 AM (#41328 - in reply to #41278)

I am on my 2nd Keifer Genesis, and have been very happy. They both have been LQ trailers and the factory LQs are very nice.  Alot of the standard features on a KB Genesis are options on most other trailers.  They are not the cheapest  alum. and they are not the most expensive alum. trailer.  The doors shut like a freezer door (tight) and the floor and roof are at the top of the industry.  And for security, KB Genesis trailers are backed by a 3-year hitch to bumper and 8-year structural warranty.
Philippa
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2006-05-05 11:15 PM (#41351 - in reply to #41278)

I have a 2003 Genesis X2 and it seems to be a middle of the road trailer. I had no major problems with it so far, but the bolts of the back doors are a problem as said in the previous post. About a third of the bolts became loose and had to be replaced with larger bolts. It was cheap to repair but not covered by the warranty. The aluminum of one hinge holding the ramp up cracked and the hinge had to be replaced, this was covered by the warranty. The dealer I purchased it from provided excellent service, repair and advice. Over all it's a good trailer for my needs and drives well.
laxpatrick
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2006-05-07 5:22 AM (#41379 - in reply to #41278)

Veteran

We've got an 04 Genesis 440 4H and love it. Great combination of value, features, and sturdiness.

I'd put a couple of drops of loc-tite (blue stuff, red bottle) on any bolts that some loose.

Ours has been great. We use it on long and many, many short hauls.

It does everything we need it to and we expect it to hold its value for a long time. I believe these trailers to be a good, quality product at a fair price.

LAXPatrick
rose
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-05-07 11:10 PM (#41415 - in reply to #41278)

Check the warranty terms; ours is an 04 Genesis XE 144; the warranty is 6 years on the trailer and 2 years on the Cutter interior. Our trailer had some problems recently and thanks to a good dealer, Midway Trailer Sales, some of the problems were partially participated in by Kiefer. All in all we love our trailer and are very satisfied with the quality of the trailer and amenities for the price we paid.
RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-05-08 10:45 AM (#41444 - in reply to #41278)

Elite Veteran

The Kiefer warranty was changed on the Genesis during the middle of the '04 model year. It is now 3 years hitch-to-bumper, 8 years on structure & frame. The original warranty will follow the trailer as each was sold with a specific warranty. Your selling/servicing dealer should know what yours would be. Kiefer does have several models, and others carry different warranties however. The 3/8 is for the all-aluminum Genesis & includes the KieferQuarters.

RTSmith (A Kiefer dealer, in the interest of full disclosure).

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)