'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
2 Or 3 Horse Cant Decide

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-04-30 9:11 PM
31 replies, 6955 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

hav2ride
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-04-23 9:46 AM (#40837 - in reply to #40696)
Subject: RE: 2 Or 3 Horse Cant Decide

Expert

Sure, you can get by with a 2H but the resale on a 3H is always better and you won't be cramped. It's like having that spare bedroom where you put all of the little "extras". What would we do without it??
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hav2ride
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-04-23 9:51 AM (#40838 - in reply to #40697)

Expert

"Don't get a slant. They are uncomfortable for most full-size horses. Slant trailers were designed for bad drivers at t he expense of the horse."You have to joking, right?? I've had 3 straight loads and 5 slant loads (been hauling a long time) and I've never had a bad hauler in a slant but I have in a straight. You can get an undersized trailer whether it is straight or slant. The key is to BUY THE RIGHT SIZE FOR YOUR NEEDS!
inIndiana
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2006-04-24 12:53 AM (#40859 - in reply to #40696)

Veteran

If you can afford the 3H, go ahead. You might not need the room now, but you never know what you will want to do later. My motto, "You can never have enough storage or space". I won't get into the fray about straight load verses slant.
jackbrat
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-04-24 1:31 AM (#40860 - in reply to #40696)

Elite Veteran

I had a 3 horse slant gooseneck. It was too big and to much. The dealer and everybody else talked me into getting it instead of a 2 horse. All the same reasons everybody is telling you to get the 3 horse instead of the two horse.I got tired of hauling that big thing to go trail-riding at a park 5 minutes from my house. So, I sold it and bought a 2 horse and so glad I did. How often are you really going to be hauling even 2 horses? I hardly ever do. I do horse-camping and everybody takes their own rig anyways. So, that second stall works fine for storage for me. It is also easier on my older truck to not be hauling 3 horses. I can't afford to get a new truck-not with these gas prices! Anyways, just remember- what are YOUR needs? If you are going to mostly haul only one horse, then the two horse would be just fine. Good luck!
longearsrule
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-04-24 8:57 AM (#40870 - in reply to #40696)

Extreme Veteran

I went from a stock combo, 16' horse stall, to a 3 horse slant load, found on this site. I really like my slant load, altho I did lose a little storage space, used the front stall for storage, could haul 3 horses in back. I agree with the other posts on the space from the third stall, couldn't do without it. I usually just haul one mule. I would never go to a two horse. There's not that much difference in lenght I wouldn't think, not on a slant load.
vicklynn
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-04-25 8:50 PM (#40934 - in reply to #40696)

Hmmm 2 or 3 horse? That really depends on how often you haul 2 horses, how far ect. I have a 2 horse slant/combo with a tack room. I find plenty of room in this. I would normally only be hauling 1 horse and 2 if my husband is home and comes with or I take a friend. So for me the 2 is best as long as I have the tack room. I like my slant(and my long butt paint fits). It is roomy, has dividers, swing door(which I put ruber on the bottom for protection of my tack room). I got the combo so I could have my sides open all the time, but I also have plexsi glass mounts. Good luck on your decision hon.
marn
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-04-30 9:11 PM (#41125 - in reply to #40696)

Regular

I went from co-owning a stock trailer to buying my first gooseneck. We bought a 2 horse because we have an older chevy 1500 and can't afford a new truck to haul a bigger trailer. I like the 2 horse. Until recently, we just had one horse. I sometimes borrowed my neighbor's horse or we carpooled to trail rides. Her horses are HUGE, mine isn't. I loaded them in the second stall so they could have more room. I'm not sure about the re-sale. It seems they're hard to find and a lot of people down-sizing are looking for 2 horse trailers. Good luck on your decision.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)