'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Bus windows vs drop downs

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-04-24 9:46 PM
4 replies, 3371 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Idaho
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2006-04-24 3:26 PM (#40884)
Subject: Bus windows vs drop downs

Ms. Potato Head

I am looking at a reasonable priced 3 horse bumper pull, I am wondering if it would be better to just purchase large bus windows rather than drop downs, I never go down the road with them or the grills open anyway, and if I did I would have to have screens over them, so would large bus windows work just as well? What are your opinions? Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
iCE CRM
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-04-24 6:45 PM (#40887 - in reply to #40884)
Subject: RE: Bus windows vs drop downs

Extreme Veteran

Bus windows are less than 50% open. I like drops on both sides but I also live in the South where it is hotter. I open my drops and use the grills if it is over 80 and have been since 92. Never had any problems. Just an opinion!
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-04-24 6:46 PM (#40888 - in reply to #40884)

Extreme Veteran

Drop downs are nice if you are traveling and stop for a bit to check on the horses and you can open the drop downs to peek in on them. Otherwise that would be the only time I would use them. I don't travel with them down and the sliding windows on them have screens and I usually just open those for ventilation. I don't think I have seen a trailer without drop downs in a slant unless it was a stock trailer. You might be fine without them but unless it isn't a real big price difference go with the drop down windows for resale later on.
kentuckydiesel
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-04-24 9:02 PM (#40891 - in reply to #40884)

As I always say, i very much dislike slant loads, but if I have to use one, drop down windows are a must.  You always need access to your horse without removing them, and bus windows won't allow that.

Imagine being stranded on the side of the interstate on a summer day with no way to water your horses or feed more hay.

-Phillip

Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2006-04-24 9:46 PM (#40896 - in reply to #40891)

Expert

I have the drops downs head side and bus windows on the tail side.

In the winter I put the drop downs up and open the screens for ventilation. In the summer I drop the drop downs, leave the bars up and open all the bus windows.

When I stop, I hand in carots, apples etc. It also make it much easier to set a flake of hay in front of each horse.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)