'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Newbie help? Insulating BP Steel tack room.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-04-17 3:31 PM
2 replies, 2387 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Crabbymare
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-04-17 2:44 PM (#40559)
Subject: Newbie help? Insulating BP Steel tack room.

New User

Hi All,

Sounds like I came to the right place for help. I did manage to weed through some past posts and found a bunch of helpful info on insulating Aluminum trailers. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it's the same for Steel? I have a WW Westerneer Deluxe 2H Straight load I was hoping to make the DR into somewhat of a sleeping quarters. Anyone have any suggestions? I've heard of people using the R-max foam (1/2") and aluminum tape (can you use this on steel?) Do you just place the foam against the steel of the trailer or is there a waterproof thing you put inbetween, or is the foam made to withstand the condensation?

Then when I am finished insulating, what do you use to panel the curved nose of the trailer?
Thanks in advance. I really appreciate it.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
barry
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2006-04-17 3:13 PM (#40564 - in reply to #40559)
Subject: RE: Newbie help? Insulating BP Steel tack room.

Veteran

Off the subject, but what a great trailer. I pulled one for several years. The dressing area can hold more stuff that you should be allowed to haul. Good luck!
Crabbymare
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-04-17 3:31 PM (#40565 - in reply to #40564)
Subject: RE: Newbie help? Insulating BP Steel tack room.

New User

Thanks,

I am happy with it... Such a large DR for a BP. Hopefully I should be able to come up with some spacesaver ideas. I'm not looking to heat or cool it fully, just something to take the "chill" out on those cooler fall nights.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)