'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
towing regulations regarding brakes/weight issues

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-04-20 8:51 AM
50 replies, 8153 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-04-20 8:51 AM (#40718 - in reply to #31608)
Subject: RE: towing regulations regarding brakes/weight issues

Expert

Originally written by M&R on 2005-10-11 10:07 PM

We have hauled from CA to NC. (2 horses, 3 dogs, 2 birds, 3 cats all in the horse trailer WE WERE MOVING BTW!!) We stopped in AZ at a weight station. We found out that because our rig was not for hire we did not need to stop at any weight stations.

Going into CA was hard to enter a few years ago. Now I guess the state does not check as many vehicles. However, to enter CA in any vehicle you are required to have vet papers on animals. We never had any problems but they were always asking where we were going, where we had just came from, and what we were carrying with us. Last year when we would enter CA from AZ, they did not have any one working the stations for personal vehicles. I guess budget cutbacks.

I know this is an old thread, but I noticed the same thing entering CA from AZ (I-40). I put it down to the fact that it was monday morning after superbowl sunday. I was in a tight situation, the horses' papers were actually in a car that was a full day behind me. I had a long talk about it with the AZ agri inspector when I entered from NM. He had the heart to NOT make me wait for the papers to catch up with the horses. This is not a kindness I would depend on in the future. The hussle of getting packed, started and trying to drive in lose convoy on a 3400 mile trip with someone who had never driven 600 miles a day, etc.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)