'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
2H Straight Plus Side ramp and front box stall

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-02-21 11:14 PM
2 replies, 2974 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

slantedhorse
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-02-18 11:00 PM (#37474)
Subject: 2H Straight Plus Side ramp and front box stall

Has anyone done all the comparison/research on prices and features between the different brands for a trailer with 2 horse straight in the back with just doors/no ramp, a box stall in front (where me, the princess, can tack up my horse in the rain) and a side ramp (where the princess can unload her lovely mount). I'm thinking it would nice to have a smallish dressing room that you can access from the horse area. In a pinch, you can get 3-4 horses in there. I'm thinking Kiefer, Hawk, 4-star. Price does matter for me but I want a trailer that lasts and feels good to pull, and one that horses will love. I think these trailers are 18 ft in the horse area plus dressing room (I've never had a dressing room so it doesn't have to be big). My husband wants me to get a BP but then I'd have to lose the dressing room. I show but not as much as I used to, I sometimes have a mare and foal to trailer, green/silly ones, too. Any thoughts on brand (value) and/or style?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Kay
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-02-20 10:53 AM (#37541 - in reply to #37474)
Subject: RE: 2H Straight Plus Side ramp and front box stall

Extreme Veteran

The trailer you describe is a popular model for us.  We sell quite a few, most of them built to the customer's specifications but basicly a two horse with side ramp and small dressing room.  It is easy to add a box stall divider, and sometimes a front slant stall.  Almost any manufacturer will build this trailer to suit you.  We sell these models primarily in a Hawk, but have several other manufacturers that build them for us too.  It is an extremely user friendly design.  A door between the dressing room and the horse area is invaluable, as are a few other tweaks.
TXAggie
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-02-21 11:14 PM (#37658 - in reply to #37474)
Subject: RE: 2H Straight Plus Side ramp and front box stall

Do a quick search on this site for 2 horse gooseneck trailers, you'll find many that meet your requirements of a 2 + 1 with side ramp (with and without a rear ramp).  That will give you an idea of the price range and several of the manufacturers.  I did a lot of research on this, both online and going to dealers and trailer shows.  Since you are in Northern VA, this coming weekend (Feb 24-26) is the Horse World Expo in Harrisburg, PA.

http://www.horseworldexpo.com/index_PA.htm

Lots of good examples of what you are looking for can be found at the Expo.  Feel free to send me a private message and I'll tell you more of what I found out, if you're interested.  I ended up getting a Dream Coach.

Steve

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)