'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Need Help With Brakes

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-04-17 7:01 PM
3 replies, 2354 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Shari
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-04-16 2:15 PM (#40504)
Subject: Need Help With Brakes

Veteran

We hauled our trailer for the first time with our new truck. Started out and the brake light was on. Then it went off and the brakes on trialer weren't working. Can anyone tell me what to tell my husband what to check? We kind of ruled out fuze blown because it comes off and on sometimes. Any help you can give I know he appreciates it.
Thanks
Shari
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-04-16 5:44 PM (#40507 - in reply to #40504)
Subject: RE: Need Help With Brakes

Expert

Originally written by Shari on 2006-04-16 3:15 PM

We hauled our trailer for the first time with our new truck. Started out and the brake light was on. Then it went off and the brakes on trialer weren't working. Can anyone tell me what to tell my husband what to check? We kind of ruled out fuze blown because it comes off and on sometimes. Any help you can give I know he appreciates it.
Thanks
Shari

Which brake light came on when you started out ?
Do you mean an indicator on the brake controller inside the truck, or the trailer's stop lights ? If you mean an indicator on the brake controller, that should be present whenever the trailer is connected. Some show a letter C to indicate that the trailer is connected, some just glow green and change to orange then red as brakes are applied. If you have NO indicator on then my first guess is that the trailer isn't (electrically) connected.
If this is a new (new to you at least) truck then I'll assume it is a new brake controller. PLEASE follow the set-up directions that come with it.

BTW, the last brake controller that I bought came with a mini DVD.
It is worth playing through, I seem to remember that there is a troubleshooting section on it.
Shari
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-04-16 7:10 PM (#40518 - in reply to #40504)

Veteran

Yes I'm talking about the controler inside the truck. I was green, then started blinking. Thank's for reminding me about the cd. Going to have him watch that. You know when all else fails read the instructions.
Shari
Shari
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-04-17 7:01 PM (#40591 - in reply to #40504)

Veteran

Got it fixed!!!! My smart husband checked the wireing, got under the truck and where they spliced into the brake was hardly touching. So he fixed it and all is well. I'm so thankful he's so smart. Off we go Fri to Shawnee camping. YEHAAAA
Shari

Edited by Shari 2006-04-17 7:02 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World