'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
slide out hardware

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-07-25 10:52 PM
3 replies, 3102 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

greywynd
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-07-23 11:37 PM (#28501)
Subject: slide out hardware

Does anyone know of a source for slide out hardware? I've searched the net pretty extensively with no success. Or, does anyone have any drawings of how they are built?

Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Trailer Stud
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-07-24 12:53 AM (#28503 - in reply to #28501)
Subject: RE: slide out hardware

Are you trying to build one yourself? Not sure how feasible that would be. Not many companies ( RV or Horse Trailer) will willingly put out the engineering of their slideouts cuz there are still some that are much better than others, so if you were going to do it yourself it would be pretty expensive and quite a personal engineering feat.
gabz
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-07-25 5:45 PM (#28552 - in reply to #28501)

Expert

I VAQUELY remember asking the guy that did some repairs on my horse trailer as he had a HUGE travel trailer in for repair of the slide out... seems it was sucking it in TOO much and pulling the outside wall in...  not a pretty sight.

Anyway, when I asked about it, he said he was surprized at how straight forward it was.  And..worm gear sticks in my mind... not sure if that helps much or not.

greywynd
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-07-25 10:52 PM (#28570 - in reply to #28501)

I am thiking of building a trailer with a slide out in the LQ. I'm a toolmaker and machinist by trade, but also do a lot of welding/fitting and used to do machine design/building as well. I figure if I can build 500K-1Mdollar dies and machines, I should be more than capable of doing this. Most of the trailer manufacturers won't build there own mechanisms, they will be buying them from suppliers, same as hitches, and lights, and other components. When I get around to doing this, I figure I'll likely end up building the actual sliding mechanism, but was wondering if I could find anything off the shelf. I'm sure I should be able to find the motor system for eextending/retracting it, but, depending on what I find and what I think of it, I may go to a hydraulic system anyway. If I go this route, I may also put hydraulic levelling in, since I will already have a pump/motor in the trailer.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)