'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
selling my trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-04-17 6:26 PM
4 replies, 2802 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ShellyM
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-04-15 6:18 AM (#40464)
Subject: selling my trailer

New User

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on selling a horse trailer.  I've only had the trailer for about a year.  I've put the trailer on equine.com and dream horse.  Are there anyother good sites you know of?  Or am I too high?  I'm kinda stuck with this trailer and not sure what to do.  It's a 2005 keifer 2 horse gooseneck with lots of extras, but no living quarters. i'm asking my payoff 15,000  thank you for any sugestions.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-04-15 7:50 AM (#40470 - in reply to #40464)
Subject: RE: selling my trailer

Extreme Veteran

You are looking at a great site right now where you can sell your trailer! I sold my trailer on this one. This website sees alot of traffic. Good luck!

farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-04-15 5:08 PM (#40484 - in reply to #40464)

Expert

you might want to do a search on this site for something along the lines of your trailer and see what they are going for. Thats pretty much the only way to find out if you're in the ballpark pricewise. Other than that, make sure you have good pictures.You can alos try locally as well as state wide horse publications such as horse finder.
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2006-04-16 7:16 PM (#40520 - in reply to #40464)

Expert

I sold mine on this website last year. It's how I found this site.

But I also listed in on the several local website provided by the local paper and TV station. I actually got more calls and interest from the local websites, The first check showed up from this site.

The disadvantage I felt for using this site was most of the callers were Long Distance. I worried about consumating a sale over the phone or via email. I was worried about things like,  Do the folks buying the trailer really know what they are getting? Are they going to feel that it wasn't fairly represented to them? Will they balk or walk after they see the trailer? Are they going to scam me?  People who saw it on the local websites, were able to drive over and physically see the trailer. I got several offers from locals who wanted the trailer if my long distance buyer didn't take the trailer. In fact several of them really tempted me to cancel the first buyer and give them the trailer.

I did get several emails telling me they were out of the country and wanting me to deliver the trailer to Canada and that they would pay extra etc. I didn't even respond to those inquiries. Just delete them.

I'm in Utah and my buyer was in Oregon. I pulled a credit check on him and verified his address, bank account etc prior to delivering the trailer.

ShellyM
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-04-17 6:26 PM (#40580 - in reply to #40464)

New User

Thank you so much everybody.  I never thought about credit checks, verifying bank info etc...

I'm going to post an add in the local papers.   Thanks again everyone for your help.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)