'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Spray on foam insulation

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2016-08-14 8:30 PM
1 replies, 3409 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Brigitte
Reg. Jul 2011
Posted 2016-08-14 1:47 PM (#168011)
Subject: Spray on foam insulation

New User

I've been searching old threads, but couldn't find anything on using a spray on foam insulation for the inside of a trailer ceiling.

I have a 2006 Classic with the outer fibreglass roof and inner aluminum lining.  The edges of the square aluminum braces are quite sharp compared with my previous trailers.  I was looking at covering just the braces with pipe insulation to provide some cushioning in case a head would accidently hit them. That got me thinking about the sprayed on insulation on the old Merhows. Years ago I had several different Merhows and the foam always held up well.

Would it be crazy to do that with my Classic?  I was also hoping it would help with condensation.  There is a company near me that spray insulates the inside of pole barns and the cost is not too bad.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Horseshoe Creek
Reg. Aug 2016
Posted 2016-08-14 8:30 PM (#168015 - in reply to #168011)
Subject: RE: Spray on foam insulation

New User

You'd probably be better off using the rigid board insulation. Fit tightly and cover the seams with the sticky roofing tape, making sure to cover the support beams too. If you want to cover it with somethjng, use 1 x 2s along the beams to give an air space and somethjng for you to attach the boards to.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)