'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Classified Ads Under Repair

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2013-06-14 11:46 AM
11 replies, 4160 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2013-06-12 6:05 PM (#152670)
Subject: Classified Ads Under Repair

Elite Veteran

Some of you may have noticed error pages when trying to search for a trailer.  In our attempt to upgrade search capability we lost some functionality, then lost the search capability all together.

Stay tuned.  Should be up again shortly.

DaveM
HTW

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
blackcows
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2013-06-13 6:18 AM (#152686 - in reply to #152670)
Subject: RE: Classified Ads Under Repair

Extreme Veteran

Would it be possible to add a "next" button at the bottom of each page? As it is now you scroll down to look at each ad and then have to scroll all the way back to the top to go to the next page.
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2013-06-13 8:14 AM (#152696 - in reply to #152686)

Elite Veteran

Originally written by blackcows on 2013-06-13 6:18 AM

Would it be possible to add a "next" button at the bottom of each page? As it is now you scroll down to look at each ad and then have to scroll all the way back to the top to go to the next page.

Good idea. 

We've upgraded our search parameters and made it easier to search at the same time.  With the largest database of trailers for sale it was necessary to give our buyers the easiest way to navigate thru all of them - in their search for the perfect trailer.  Some new things you'll find.

1. Zip Code is retained.

2.  Top of Column re-sort.

3.  Multiple criteria. within same field i.e. search for 3 AND 4 horse trailers at the same time.

4.  Multiple criteria different fields, then new search without losing first search.

5.  Set your own min./max. price without being stuck in predetermined pricing category.

Our goal is to make the initial search very easy - and then give you the ability to "drill down" without backing up or restarting.  I want to thank the many many people who consulted with us and we continue to welcome your input and appreciate your using Horse Trailer World.

DaveM
HTW

AJS
Reg. Feb 2012
Posted 2013-06-13 2:56 PM (#152709 - in reply to #152670)

Regular

Love those new features!!! But I don't see a link to the advanced search on the front page anymore....am I just missing it?
AJS
Reg. Feb 2012
Posted 2013-06-13 3:57 PM (#152713 - in reply to #152709)

Regular

Actually I think I figured it out. VERY COOL....and what a huge time-saver. The only thing I don't see is a way to do a keyword search, like reverse or midtack. I realize I can select midtack, but people don't always input their data correctly. An option to search by width would be nice.... Thanks for your work on this, I'm currently looking and this new search will make my life a lot easier!
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2013-06-13 5:29 PM (#152718 - in reply to #152670)

Elite Veteran

The advanced search is now ALWAYS in front of you in the left margin once you leave the home page and get into your search.

You can continually adjust your search with increasing detail. 

From the home page, buyers can see trailers for sale immediately (new listings) or they can do a quick search by simply clicking "GO".  It doesn't get easier.

Then you can begin to add criteria or take it away to see the inventory you are interested in.

With the old version our column sorts didn't work, zip codes weren't remembered and you couldnt "stack" criteria.

For example  Many buyers aren't certain whether they need a 3 horse or a 4 horse until they see the whole package.  The old system made you do two separate searches and enter all your criteria over again.  With the new system, you simply add a check box for both 3 and 4 horse!  They both are listed for you.

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2013-06-13 5:30 PM (#152719 - in reply to #152670)

Elite Veteran

I'll have a "keyword" search put in again.  Thanks.
teerot21
Reg. Jun 2013
Posted 2013-06-13 6:35 PM (#152720 - in reply to #152670)

New User

Any idea when the ad search will be up and running? I've got a loan approved to purchase a trailer and the money's burnin' a hole in my pocket:)
AJS
Reg. Feb 2012
Posted 2013-06-13 6:46 PM (#152721 - in reply to #152720)

Regular

I just did a couple of searches with it, and it is working great....only thing missing that was their before is a key word search. Everything else is awesome!
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2013-06-14 10:20 AM (#152738 - in reply to #152670)

Elite Veteran

Everything is up and running now.

We were responding to many requests from our shoppers to add to our search abilities.  The biggest request was to keep it easy up front but then give the ability to drill down by adding or taking away criteria without leaving the search results page.

The old search didn't allow for any resorting by columns by price, make, type or location.  The old search wouldn't remember your zip, you had to re-enter it for each search.  The old search didn't allow you to adjust your results, but made you back up and start all your criteria over for a new search. The old search wouldn't allow the buyer anyflexibility in looking at both 3 and 4 horse trailers for instance, at the same time.  (you had to conduct two separate searches to look at all your criteria with a 3 horse then re-enter it all again and look at 4 horse. Very cumbersome)

I know many that use the site daily, like dealers and traders, find the change frustrating.   But the occasional horse trailer buyer comes to Horse Trailer World already familiar with searching cars and other things using these search features.   Our site would fail to grow and compete  if we ultimately ignored the buyers.  Buyers drive sales.  Sales keep the dealers and private sellers coming back. 

With that in mind, I am taking suggestions daily and we continue to add enhancements from suggestions from all our users.  Changes have been happening to the site all the time over the past 13 years since it opened.  Your input is very important.

DaveM
 HTW

loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2013-06-14 10:26 AM (#152739 - in reply to #152670)

Expert

I think this site is great THANK YOU  
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2013-06-14 11:46 AM (#152742 - in reply to #152670)

Elite Veteran

Thanks for your kind words.  The complaints have been few but strong! 

But I pay attention to EVERYONE so I'm here to announce "The Classic Search" button.

That's right, Rick is building a button for those that don't want to change a thing from the way they used to search. 

And also, in the new version, we should have "Sold", "New", and  "Reduced" signs back up by tomorrow. We will also have the individual ad hit counters installed again as well. 

We really only wanted to expand the search capability but some of these classic tools have to be re installed on the new version.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

DaveM

HTW

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'