'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Bison Trailer Report

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2013-05-10 9:29 PM
5 replies, 4642 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

T210DRVR
Reg. Apr 2013
Posted 2013-05-08 11:56 PM (#151846)
Subject: Bison Trailer Report

Having read posts about Bison LQ trailers I wanted to share what I learned when I visited their facility in Milford, TN. First, let me say I'm not in the trailer business and have no dealings with Bison except as a prospective purchaser. I have owned several horse trailers, A Bronco non-LQ, a Logan non-LQ, and an Exiss Sport LQ. We've enjoyed the Exiss and had almost zero problems. However, the extra room gained with a slide along with a few other features caused us to make the decision to purchase a new Bison Stratus Express.

The trip was incidental to some other business I was doing in Indiana so it was a convenient time to explore the Bison production plant.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a very active production line. I'm told that last year they produced about 700 LQ trailers and what I saw would tend to support those numbers. The quality of build seemed quite good for a budget LQ trailer. The welds and frame appeared to be very sound. Even though the Stratus is an Aluminum trailer steel was used in two critical areas, the gooseneck area and the axle and suspension support structure. All locations where steel and aluminum are joined are lined with a special 3M product to prevent metal to metal contact that could cause corrosion from joining dissimilar metals. The aluminum frame appeared quite strong and the one piece roof seems like a good idea to minimizes opportunities for leaks. Most everything is made and assembled at their plant. They have their own cabinet shop so there should be no warranty issues involving a dispute between the manufacturer and the conversion business. It's all Bison.

The tour was well worth the time spent as I now known exactly what is beneath the skin of our new trailer. I take delivery this Friday from the dealer. From what I saw I have no concerns about the quality of their product. Sure, you can fork over 100 K plus for a new Bloomer and it's probably a better product. However, is it worth more than double what a new Bison goes for? I don't think so but I will follow up and report on how the first few thousand miles goes.

I'm really looking forward to the summer ahead in our new Bison.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
kooner
Reg. Jun 2011
Posted 2013-05-09 11:06 AM (#151857 - in reply to #151846)
Subject: RE: Bison Trailer Report

Extreme Veteran

glad to hear your report of the factory, we are on our 2nd. Bison and have never had a problem, when we trade again guess what it will probably be another Bison only this time it will have the super slide, we miss having the dinette.
walkin
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2013-05-10 8:20 AM (#151874 - in reply to #151846)

Elite Veteran

walkin
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2013-05-10 8:21 AM (#151875 - in reply to #151846)

Elite Veteran

Where is Milford , TN?
kooner
Reg. Jun 2011
Posted 2013-05-10 9:12 AM (#151881 - in reply to #151846)

Extreme Veteran

Milford is in Indiana not Tenn.     as I said on the 2 that we have had we have had good luck with them and we pull alot of miles, the only reason that we are on our 2nd one is that we went bigger in the horse compartment but wish we would have gotten the bigger slide. the next one may also have a 2 way water heater it would be nice when your plugged in to be total electric.
T210DRVR
Reg. Apr 2013
Posted 2013-05-10 9:29 PM (#151894 - in reply to #151875)

My bad, Milford Indiana. We spent the weekend in Kentucky and Tennessee, then up to Indiana for the tour.

I picked up the trailer today. The pre-delivery inspection went well with all systems working properly. She sure pulled nice but is four feet longer than our Exiss so I left a tattoo on a couple of curbs. First trip is in ten days and am looking forward to the extra room in our new Bison.

Edited by T210DRVR 2013-05-10 9:31 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)