'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Storing an LQ on un-even ground?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2013-04-04 10:22 PM
2 replies, 2929 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

greyghost
Reg. Jan 2013
Posted 2013-04-04 4:47 PM (#151095)
Subject: Storing an LQ on un-even ground?

Hi -I found a new boarding facility for my horse and the parking spot they have for my LQ horse trailer is uneven ground. It's uneven terrain where all four tires would be on different levels (probably have to use 4WD to get it outa there in the rain kinda parking spot) - and since I'm new to trailering (this is my first LQ and just got it) -- I'm not sure if that's going to bad for the foundation of the LQ.I was thinking of asking them if I can just buy some gravel and fill the area in and make it somewhat level - I would think they'd be okay with free gravel....Thoughts?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
CYA Ranch
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2013-04-04 8:49 PM (#151101 - in reply to #151095)
Subject: RE: Storing an LQ on un-even ground?

I'm very fussy about parking my trailer. I keep it as level as possible. I would ask about hauling in gravel/dirt/clay whatever to make it level.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2013-04-04 10:22 PM (#151102 - in reply to #151095)
Subject: RE: Storing an LQ on un-even ground?

Expert

If the trailer will be stored, an uneven pad won't hurt anything. If the LQ and its equipment will be used during storage, a more level area will alleviate any appliance problems. Before you haul any gravel, you might consider RV jacks that are used to level various types of RVs. Another consideration is a small hydraulic jack and some concrete blocks, to temporary level the trailer while its in storage.

If the trailer is going to be often moved, the only reasonable recourse is to have a fairly level pad.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)