'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Water tank on HayRack

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-10-28 9:17 AM
2 replies, 3390 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

adeberti
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2011-10-27 3:25 PM (#138548)
Subject: Water tank on HayRack

Veteran

Just received a new 48gal tank (white) for our hay rack: any suggestions for regular cleaning?should we cover it with tarp or something when not hauling (to keep the water good in the summer)? drain if not used for an extended period of time.we are in California -San Francisco area (so plenty of sun, but not scorching summers) and the trailer is not under any coverThanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2011-10-27 3:33 PM (#138551 - in reply to #138548)
Subject: RE: Water tank on HayRack

Expert

I would drain after each use and leave it open to atmosphere... Or, Thetford Corporation markets an "EPA-registered" product for cleaning freshwater tanks called the Fresh Water Tank Cleaner. According to the Material Safety Data Sheet, this product is not harmful if ingested by humans and does not cause cancer. However, handlers should avoid contact with the eyes or skin.

http://www.thetford.com/Home/Products/ChemicalsCleanersHome/FreshWaterTankSanitizer/tabid/133/Default.aspx

horsecamper
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2011-10-28 9:17 AM (#138569 - in reply to #138548)
Subject: RE: Water tank on HayRack

Veteran

adeberti, I'd pitch a little chlorine beach in it. The water will go bad pretty fast in warm weather. I used to use my tank for the horses and didn't clorine it except for winter. I currently am camping in sites where there is stock water and I am using the full 48 gallons for "house" water. I put in 1/4 cup of bleach to 48 gallons. Being used to well water, I find that a bit stinky in the shower and maybe a person could get by with less. When my tank is drained down, and not in use, I put a little bleach in the tank. These tanks are difficult to fully drain given the location of the tank outlet.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)