'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Mods & Gadgets You've done to your Trailer w/ Living

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-09-28 7:42 PM
10 replies, 9186 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Diesel
Reg. Sep 2011
Posted 2011-09-26 8:59 PM (#137872)
Subject: Mods & Gadgets You've done to your Trailer w/ Living

I'd love to see pics, and hear about mods, gear and gadgets that you have added to your horse trailer with living quarters to make it a better experience camping.I'm sure some of you have made some cool mods or found stuff or items that makes life easier when at campgrounds etcThanks in advance for sharing!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
trot-on
Reg. Dec 2009
Posted 2011-09-26 10:59 PM (#137875 - in reply to #137872)
Subject: RE: Mods & Gadgets You've done to your Trailer w/ Living

Extreme Veteran

I have a cabover camper, with an older fridge. Want to make sure on my long trips it holds the temp down where I wanted it heading down the road. I got one of the cheap wireless weather thermometers, and put the transmitter in the fridge, and have the receiver up in the cab of the truck with me. It sends the signal well, and I can see if the temp warms up to much. I move receiver into camper when camped, just to keep track of the temperature during our stay. It was an eye opener how much it can fluctuate due to weather changes, opening the door too much etc.

Fridge is 3 way, and we have it on propane all the time, unless plugged in at a campground

I made a little wall hanger, sort of like those pocket holders we put on the inside of tackroom doors, except smaller and out of cute fabric that matches my camper interior. I mounted it on a wall, and it is a great place to store glasses, a flashlight, medications or other things I use often.
fastguard
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2011-09-27 7:37 AM (#137876 - in reply to #137872)

Regular

i have gone a bit crazy:-we converted the half mid-tack to an outdoor "kitchen" with a combo fridge/freezer (keeps drinks extra cold), icemaker, toaster oven and storage - leaving the bottom area open as a house for my little dog while we are camping and room for a cooler. i just purchased a camp chef oven/ 2-burner stove to use outside also. the backside of the new area was made into an extra closet off the bathroom with room to hang more clothes, hats and space for a dirty clothes hamper.-we also converted our dinette into a u-shaped dinette so that we could use it more like a sofa. took off the big table, made a smaller one with a bench (more storage now for boots) and had cushions made to somewhat match the rest of the fabric. the new smaller table and bench will still allow for the dinette to be made into a bed if ever needed.-i also have thermometers in all of my cold boxes. you can get neat wireless ones on ebay that come with 2 thermometers (one for the fridge, one for the freezer) and a monitoring station that attaches to wherever with a magnet.-went from a 15' awning on the camper side to a 20' awning. 39' of rope light (walmart) fits it perfectly-trailer came with a 16' awning on the horse side - nice for those hot, sunny days-raised the floor (so i can sweep out the dirt) and added wood floating floors over the linoleum-rack hung on the ceiling of the first stall that holds a clothes bag with my winter coats-onan generator installed in the rear tack- air compressor in first stall-brush box hung on my manger door for easy access while grooming the horsesthe only thing now on my "wish list" - thinking about removing or recessing the lp stove top in my kitchen and investing in a countertop dishwasher. :)
brushycreekranch
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2011-09-27 7:50 AM (#137877 - in reply to #137872)

My Bloomer came equipped with just about everything available but I managed to add a few things! I added a 18' elec awning to the drivers side of the horse compartment. That way, we can set out under an awning on either side of the trailer or have shade for the horses. I also added window awnings for those HOT summer days  when you are parked out in a lot in 110 degree days. Or, for when it is so windy, you can't use your big awnings but still need shade over the windows.
blackcows
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2011-09-27 9:29 AM (#137879 - in reply to #137872)

Extreme Veteran

Look at modmyrv.com, lots of good ideas
Diesel
Reg. Sep 2011
Posted 2011-09-27 6:00 PM (#137886 - in reply to #137872)

Awesome stuff thanks! Would love to see pics of mods u have done tooAlso if there's anything you have found that makes camp life alot easier or nicer, gadgets or gear as well please share
Diesel
Reg. Sep 2011
Posted 2011-09-27 6:05 PM (#137888 - in reply to #137872)

modmyrv.com looks pretty cool, thanks for sharing!
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2011-09-27 9:59 PM (#137895 - in reply to #137872)

Expert

We installed a bed liner material on the flooring of our aluminum trailers. It lowered the frequency of cleanings and the occurrance of corrosion.
paysonw
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2011-09-28 4:55 PM (#137907 - in reply to #137872)

Regular

I have added Airtabs (http://www.airtab.com/) to my trailers, I truly believe in them! We just ordered extra soft mats to put under the existing mats on both LQ trailers, to make the ride better.

I also use the wireless thermometers to monitor the frig temp, that helps a lot!

I also built drawers to go under my bed for more storage and that is a big help! They are 2 6' x 24" x 3.5" drawers that are covered with plywood so it raises the bed 4".

Diesel
Reg. Sep 2011
Posted 2011-09-28 6:58 PM (#137910 - in reply to #137872)

Why do all of you monitor fridge temps? Do you cycle your propane on and off or something while on tripsKeep the tips and mods coming, still would love to see pics and ideas, etc
paysonw
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2011-09-28 7:42 PM (#137911 - in reply to #137872)

Regular

I monitor the frig temp so it does not get too warm or freeze stuff.  You don't have to guess or wait until your Snickers is too hard to eat! lol

I also added a radio to my CM LQ and I can move my Sirius Sportster from the truck to the trailer whe parked and I also had a bluetooth connection installed so my phone comes trhough the speakers to talk or I can play Internet music.  I had 2 speakers installed in the LQ and 2 in the horse area.  I can fade to the back and hear the music while saddling or to the front in the AM and late at night.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)