'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Colorado riding

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-07-08 8:34 AM
2 replies, 4170 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

horsin around
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2011-07-07 10:41 AM (#135441)
Subject: Colorado riding

Extreme Veteran

I have a friend ask me to look on the internet for places to ride in Colorado, South of Denver, Colorado Springs or not far from there.  After looking it's like OMG so many options.

They have full living quarters, generator and can haul water if need to.  They're out for some great riding and would prefer water and electricity but not a must. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
doughbelly
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2011-07-07 3:17 PM (#135446 - in reply to #135441)
Subject: RE: Colorado riding

Veteran

Just across the Colorado Border an Northern New Mexico, you have Valle Vidal with two campgrounds, Cimarron and Mcrystal.  It is pretty isolated and one of our favorite places to ride.  Neither place will be overrun with other campers. Cimarron is the nicer campground and we had gravity fed water for the animals and showers. However it wasn't potable. Mcrystal had potable water but I think they hauled it in.  We just take our drinking water and use the other water for showers etc.
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2011-07-08 8:34 AM (#135460 - in reply to #135441)
Subject: RE: Colorado riding

Expert

I know NATRC holds a competitive trail ride on the Air Force Accademy land near Colorado Springs.  But it would be primative camping.   I've done a lot of NATRC competitive trail rides in colorado, mostly on the western slope. since they were held on public land ( BLM or Forest Service) they were all primative camping, But plenty of trails.

Some suggestions would be the Grand Mesa near Grand Junction,  Purgutory Ski area near Durango,

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)