'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Very pleased with Platinum Trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-03-30 1:25 PM
10 replies, 4967 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Buckskinlover
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2011-03-29 12:18 PM (#132313)
Subject: Very pleased with Platinum Trailer

Regular

Just wanted to post and let others know my experience with buying a new Platinum Trailer.

We had bought a brand new 4-Star 3 horse with 8 ft short wall 7 ft tall and 7 ft wide back in 2008. Thought it was an awesome trailer. Gorgeous Outlaw conversion living qrts. The more we used it the more we realized we really wanted more room. It was kinda tight. But we LOVED the quality of the trailer and living qrts.

So when we started searching for a new trailer we knew what we wanted but was unable to find just the trailer. We knew we had to go the custom order route. Well a custom order 4Star was out of our price range, plus the fact they said it'd take 6 months to get.

We then contacted a local Platinum dealer called Trailers Unlimited. They beat 4 Stars price and were very easy to deal with. Needless to say we made the leap to a Platinum trailer.

I was a little leery because I knew I loved my 4 Star and was sure hoping I'd be happy with this Platinum and a conversion company that was relatively new and had never heard of before. But after seeing some of their work it put my mind at ease.

Well about 4 months later we got our new trailer and I have to tell you that I feel the Platinum it a better built trailer hands down. The doors and drop windows are much more heavy than any on our 4 Star. Its takes alot to shut and open them.The stall dividers are thicker and heavier. The rubber that lines the walls of the horse part is thicker and better made, just overall a heavy duty built trailer. Made to last thats for sure.

And let me give props/kudos to Compass Conversions in Temple,Tx. I LOVE the interior on this new trailer. They did an AWESOME job. If you didn't know it wasn't done by Outlaw conversions you'd never know. They were wonderful to work with. I even had an issue with the mattress after we used it the first weekend. They came down to Trailers Unlimited and swapped us mattresses. Great people and great work !!!

I just couldn't be more pleased with our new Platinum trailer. So if you are in the market for a new trailer be sure to check out a Platinum, you won't be disappointed !!!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
d2allen
Reg. Jan 2011
Posted 2011-03-29 1:20 PM (#132319 - in reply to #132313)
Subject: RE: Very pleased with Platinum Trailer

Congratulations on your new trailer. I am so glad you wrote about a positive experience with Compass Conversions, since they are the ones doing my new Elite l.q. Which cabinets did you choose? Post some pictures of the interior please! d2allen
Buckskinlover
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2011-03-29 2:15 PM (#132322 - in reply to #132313)

Regular

Great choice. You will be happy with them. I went with Hickory wood and just the natural with a clear coat(no stain). Makes it look more roomy with the light wood.

Let me see if I can figure out how to post pics LOL.

Buckskinlover
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2011-03-29 2:21 PM (#132323 - in reply to #132313)

Regular

Ok so that worked let me post some more :)
Tintilly
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2011-03-29 2:39 PM (#132325 - in reply to #132313)

VERY PRETTY!!!  Nancy
brushycreekranch
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2011-03-29 4:13 PM (#132327 - in reply to #132313)

Compass did a very nice job on your trailer. I wonder if they hired any of the experienced folks after Duster in McGregor closed. Temple isn't very far from the old Duster plant. Duster has some of the nicest conversions out there.
Linda Y
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2011-03-29 4:32 PM (#132328 - in reply to #132313)

Extreme Veteran

Wow, that is GORGEOUS!!!
gonzo1066
Reg. Oct 2010
Posted 2011-03-29 4:54 PM (#132330 - in reply to #132313)

Veteran

Thanks for posting the positive comments, this will help make my wait easier.   I am waiting for my new Platinum-Outlaw.   I ordered in August and it was finished March 25th.    Hope the interior is as nice as yours.   I hired a fellow from Texas to haul it for me and he is in the hospital now.   Kind of a bummer deal, but patience is a virtue right?? 

Edited by gonzo1066 2011-03-29 4:56 PM
kentuckyrain
Reg. Apr 2008
Posted 2011-03-29 5:20 PM (#132335 - in reply to #132330)

Congratulations on your new trailer! It is very beautiful. I love the hickory.....

Gonzo-I hope your hauler gets well quick and then I hope to see pictures!

HaHa, I live vicariously through people who own beautiful LQ trailers!

d2allen
Reg. Jan 2011
Posted 2011-03-29 10:42 PM (#132355 - in reply to #132323)

Buckskinlover,Very very nice!How did you go about picking everything for the l.q.? Did Compass Conversions mail color samples for the couch, floor, countertops, etc? Or did you choose colors based on pictures they e-mailed? How do you like the vinyl they put on the couch? Almost as nice as real leather? Love the sconces over the couch. Thank you so much for sharing your photos. I hope you have lots of fun with your new trailer! ~~ d2allen
Buckskinlover
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2011-03-30 1:25 PM (#132373 - in reply to #132313)

Regular

Thanks everyone !!!

We only live a few hours from Temple, so we made the drive up there and picked out everything from the wood to the drawer pulls. There are sooo many options for everything that is was kinda hard for me to pick it all out and put it together..........hubby was no help lol.

The leather like couch is very nice and feels like leather and looks nice, not cheap at all. But there are so many different yokes you can pick out to "dress" it up, such as cowhide, croc, ostrich etc. Also many different designs for the yokes.

I picked out one design but saw a pick of another so emailed them the pick of the couch I liked and asked to do mine like the picture I found.

So that is an option for you as well if you see something you like.

I also didn't want the two cabinets that is normally put behind the bed since its a pain to crawl up there to get anything out of them. so I asked them what else we could do and they said they could do a headboard.  I was very pleased with the headboard they gave us. Everyone likes it when they see our trailer.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)