'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Need Eccotemp/Horse Trailer set up help

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-03-11 11:53 AM
2 replies, 2864 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

belhaven
Reg. Jul 2010
Posted 2011-03-10 5:17 PM (#131484)
Subject: Need Eccotemp/Horse Trailer set up help

I finally got back my horse trailer and have my eccotemp but need some practical help.I have a cowboy shower installed in the front of the driver side stall (straight load trailer). So I have drainage and a shower curtain1. I have a hook hung for the eccotemp-but will it burn or scar the wall?2. This is the bigger issue-the propane hose is 5ft long. I have a propane tank holder under my gooseneck but the hose obviously won't reach. Dragging all this around is not pleasing. LOL!I am also now worried about hanging the eccotemp in the shower stall because it would be blasting right at my face...is this safe? It would be venting at me???I guess I am looking for practical installation options for the tank, eccotemp,etc so I am not having to connect and disconnect it every day-I really don't want the propane sitting in my horse trailer as my dogs sometimes stay in the stall area.Should I just get a REALLY long shower hose?Help. I am obviously struggling.If anyone has photos that would be fab.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2011-03-11 11:31 AM (#131519 - in reply to #131484)
Subject: RE: Need Eccotemp/Horse Trailer set up help

Expert

I do not camp so all I remember is what I read here about installing showers in trailer so that is were I would start
GRNMCHNEDAZE
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2011-03-11 11:53 AM (#131522 - in reply to #131484)
Subject: RE: Need Eccotemp/Horse Trailer set up help

Extreme Veteran

What type of wall covering do you have?

I have the EZ tankless and it vents from the top. You will need to keep a window open in the trailer as long as you have the heater running. The flame inside gets pretty hot, but I have not had any issues with it marking or melting my trailer. Mine is steel though. Could you mount it on the divider instead of a wall? I use caribiners to hang mine so it can be moved around to where it is needed.

No, it is not good for it to be "blasting" in your face. There should be a vent on the heater somewhere that can accomodate added vent piping if necessary.

As for the hose, I never minded moving the tank around. I stored it in the center storage area that I have and just set it under the heater when in use (its easier to close and open the propane valve when its all together). I guess you could always just get a long propane line and somehow reach the first stall. A quick connect fitting for the heater would be useful.

Couldn't you just bring a piece of plywood to block the one stall off from the dogs so you can leave it all hooked up?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)