'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Moses Cone

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-08-31 8:52 PM
1 replies, 3511 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

colormemax
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2010-08-29 2:19 PM (#124174)
Subject: Moses Cone

New User

Does anybody know somewhere to camp at Moses Cone that is not in a parking lot?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Summerset93
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2010-08-31 8:52 PM (#124266 - in reply to #124174)
Subject: RE: Moses Cone

The only horse camp that I know of in the area is Blowing Rock Equestrian Preserve -- but I suspect that's the place that you already know about.  I will say that their stable facilities are okay, but as you mentioned, most camping is done "in a parking lot".  The only exception to that is if you can get a spot in that uppermost camping area (on the left, before you reach the arena), that one is a little more shaded and a little nicer than the others.  But BREP is not a place that I would go for the campground amentities, the only thing it really has going for it is the direct access to Moses Cone trails!  But man, oh, man the trails at Moses Cone sure are wonderful!

Callalantee Stables used to be located in Mountain City, TN which was about and hour's drive from Blowing Rock.  I think I heard that they turned that into an ATV place, not for horses any more but I don't know for sure.  Also, I heard about Leatherwood Mountain Resort in Ferguson, NC which is a 1+ hour drive from Moses Cone.  They have their own riding trails, although I have never been so I can't comment on amentities or trail conditions.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)