'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
AC problem

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-08-13 9:40 AM
5 replies, 3098 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

WannaRipIt
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2010-08-12 12:47 PM (#123428)
Subject: AC problem

New User

I have a C&C and my AC keeps kicking the breaker.  It is on a breaker by itself but the weird this is when the AC breaker kicks, it kills everything: fridge, lights, etc.  Sometimes it might run for days with no problems and sometimes its hard to get it to run for 30 min.  Wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what is causing the breaker to kick.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-08-12 3:03 PM (#123437 - in reply to #123428)
Subject: RE: AC problem

Expert

There can be a few reasons why your AC is kicking the breaker.

Dirty filters. When the AC is being used often, the inside cabin air filter should be cleaned more often. When it become clogged, the unit works harder, draws more amps and will heat up while drawing more power.

While you have the filter removed for cleaning, check the evaporator coils directly above the filter housing. They should be clean and unobstructed. If they are dirty, the same conditions will effect the AC.

The third area to check is the condenser coils on the roof. When the shroud is removed, the coils can be inspected for contamination. You will almost always find these to be dirty.

On some models, the fan motors have serviceable bearings that require periodic maintenance. This is nothing more than a couple drops of oil on each bearing cup on the fan motor, one on each end of the armature. If there are no cups or oiling points, the motors are maintenance free and replaced as a unit when they fail.

The last thing I would check is the voltage supply on the applicable circuit. If it has a low voltage because of a faulty power supply, a bad breaker, poor connection or faulty curb side feed, the unit will over heat and draw much more amperage.

Also remember that whenever the outside temperatures are elevated as they have been this summer, the AC will have to work much harder to maintain the same inside temperatures. An older unit is not as efficient as a new one, and any restrictions to its air flow will effect if more rappidly. Like anything else, proper maintenance is mandatory for the best operation.

WannaRipIt
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2010-08-12 3:20 PM (#123438 - in reply to #123437)

New User

Thank you so much! ! ! I have checked and cleaned the inside filters but none of the rest. I will check the rest of the things mentioned.

Thanks again! !

Tresvolte
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2010-08-12 3:36 PM (#123441 - in reply to #123428)

Out of curiosity, are you plugging in through an extension cord? I have had issues before from low amperage in the heat due to extension cords before.
WannaRipIt
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2010-08-12 7:06 PM (#123448 - in reply to #123441)

New User

Yes it is running through an extension cord.  Havent thought about that either. If I dont use the extension cord and just use the trailer cord will it matter if I use one of the converters? (My trailer is a 220 but I only have a 110 plug in my barn)
genebob
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2010-08-13 9:40 AM (#123467 - in reply to #123428)

Elite Veteran

Are you sure it is 220, and not just a 30 amp plug?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)