'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Rivers Edge VS Cross Country Trail Ride in Mo

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-07-26 9:32 AM
6 replies, 5230 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Tim
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2010-07-05 5:01 PM (#121921)
Subject: Rivers Edge VS Cross Country Trail Ride in Mo

Regular

Anyone been to the Rivers Edge in Lesterville Mo?  How does it compare to Cross Country in Eminence?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
classygirl98
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2010-07-05 9:24 PM (#121926 - in reply to #121921)
Subject: RE: Rivers Edge VS Cross Country Trail Ride in Mo

Veteran

Most of the trails at Rivers Edge are logging roads. Hardly no single file trails. Don't know what kind of riding you prefer, but we like the single file trails. Nice campground on the Black River. There is also another campground at Eminence called Shawnee Creek Campground if you don't want get into the crowds at Cross County. They have a website. You can just google them or I have the number if you interested.
ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2010-07-06 4:44 PM (#121967 - in reply to #121921)

Elite Veteran

There is also Coldwater Creek campground just up the road from CCTR (eminence). Some of the same trails are used by this camp. I have heard they are very pretty. And there is also Big Creek Trail rides that offer all kinds of riding experiences. I frequent Big Creek often and enjoy it there a lot.
Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2010-07-08 11:18 AM (#122046 - in reply to #121921)

Veteran

At RiversEdge your camping along side bikers,canoers and all public with all extras its just not horse camp so horse better be Super broke and stalls last time I checked place out where unsafe/broken down mess( Oh well same condition as CCTR.

I do recomend Coldwater Ranch and Big Creek.Nice clean places well cared for and friendly helpful people too.BrushyCreek Lodge is over near Black and we go there its really nice place too.

JacciB
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2010-07-09 7:40 AM (#122082 - in reply to #121921)

Extreme Veteran

We stayed at CCTR in June and rode our horses to Coldwater for lunch one day.  Coldwater has direct access to the Angeline Conservation trails and the campground looked really nice.
classygirl98
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2010-07-14 8:51 PM (#122391 - in reply to #121921)

Veteran

If you don't have to have river riding, www.slabtowntrailrides is a great place to ride and camp. great trails and horse camp and the owner will go out of his way to make sure you are happy.
onemileatatime
Reg. Apr 2009
Posted 2010-07-26 9:32 AM (#122784 - in reply to #121921)

Regular

Riversedge stalls are small and you are in the middle of bikers, canoers, etc.  I was not impressed with their trails and the people in the office were rude and not very helpful.  We did a family canoe trip there and went back later with horses, both times I was not impressed.  Brushy Creek is close to Riversedge and the owners and facilities are nice.  But I think they are on the expensive side.  I would pick CCTR over Riversedge.  Lot better riding and not all the none horse people complaining or being in your area checking out the horseys.

Coldwater Creek was a diaster for us.  There are rock boulders in the horses stalls.  The owners are very nosy as well.  They are constantly watchin your every move.  Felt like we were in church camp.  They even timed us in the showers.  My husband and I and the people we ride with are very clean cut people, our rigs are nice we are not rif raf nor are we loud party people.  just strange there.

Slabtown is great.  There are creeks through out the area to water your horses.  The Big Piney and Paddy Creek are close if you want to go swimming when you are done riding.  Depending on which trails you ride depends on if you will cross these waterways. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)