'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
electrical installation

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-07-25 5:50 PM
1 replies, 2574 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Lazy M
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2010-07-24 10:14 PM (#122763)
Subject: electrical installation

Regular

Hi,I just have a simple weekender in my trailer, currently my dressing room lights run off the 12 volt battery mounted on the trailer which I recharge with a battery charger when needed. I would like to have 110 added to run a dorm refrigerator, microwave, etc. The 12 volt would remain separate. A conversion company in my area has quoted me several hundred dollars to install a light fixture, 2 outlets and what he calls a power center. The power center is the greatest cost of this estimate. I am being told that the power center is necessary because of a possible shock hazard associated with using a breaker box. Is there a safe and less expensive alternative to putting in a power center?Thanks Joan
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2010-07-25 5:50 PM (#122779 - in reply to #122763)
Subject: RE: electrical installation

Expert

The answer depwnds on what is in the "power center". I think a safe installation in a trailer consists of a breaker or fuse at the inlet to protect the wiring.... AND a GFI installed at the outlets or a GFI breaker will protect you from shock.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)