'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Which brand for a first horse trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-07-02 10:34 PM
4 replies, 3311 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

oxalie
Reg. Jun 2010
Posted 2010-06-27 8:47 PM (#121627)
Subject: Which brand for a first horse trailer

New User

Hi there!

I'm  looking for a  2 horses slant load with a dressing room . Which would be the best first horse trailer for a small budget? It must be a stock trailer. What do you suggest as extras.

Edited by oxalie 2010-06-27 8:48 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Winston
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2010-06-28 5:29 AM (#121640 - in reply to #121627)
Subject: RE: Which brand for a first horse trailer

The advice often give on this forum is to look for the trailer that has the features that you want in your price range. The search feature on the ads allows you to limit your search by price. If you put in your zip code it will show the closest first.

There a lots of well made trailers out there. Some have been well taken care of and some have not been quite as well taken care of. If you find a trailer you like, search this forum for the name of the trailer's manufacturer. That may turn up relevant posts.

I would note that even with the well-thought of trailer manufacturers, there appear to be some lemon trailers out there. At least that is the impression I get from this forum.

Have you hauled your horse(s) before? As far as extras go, I would think that what you plan to do with your horses may affect the answer to the question.

Good luck in your search.

Edited by Winston 2010-06-28 5:30 AM
pinkmouse
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-06-28 5:32 AM (#121641 - in reply to #121627)

Veteran

Are you looking to buy new or used?  What is your budget?  Bumper pull or GN?  What are you going to use it for - going to shows?  Day trail rides? Overnight camping?  Do you already have a truck - if so, what is it?  This will set some limits on the weight of the trailer. How far will you travel to pick it up?  Are you willing to have it shipped to you?  What size horses do you have? Why must it be a stock trailer?

Making a list of what you need, what is nice to have and what your limits are would be a good start in determining what you can get.   WIth those things in mind, you can search the trailers for sale on this site and get a good idea of what is out there.  Pick a few you might be interested in and post them here so that we can give suggestions/feedback based on your needs listed above.  And remember, everyone has their own idea of what is best - that is why there are so many brands to choose from!

oxalie
Reg. Jun 2010
Posted 2010-06-28 10:40 AM (#121656 - in reply to #121627)

New User

Thanks!!

I want a bumper hitch 2 horses slan load trailer with a dressing room. I will use my trailer for shows , clinics and trails. My budget is limited, under 6k. So new or used is ok. Stock trailer is more for my budget if is new. I like stock trailer because is wide open, no small widows, more air circulation and you have day light comming in. My hosres are under 16. 3. I have Ford f 150 5.4L.

PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2010-07-02 10:34 PM (#121848 - in reply to #121656)

Expert

If you haul in the winter...you will discover just HOW MUCH air circulation there is...

Edited by PaulChristenson 2010-07-02 10:35 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)