'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
what to buy?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-06-25 4:42 PM
4 replies, 2670 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

jemmajag
Reg. Jun 2010
Posted 2010-06-25 10:48 AM (#121516)
Subject: what to buy?

New User

I am in the market for another trailer.  I currently own a cornpro gn 3H stock combo.  This is a nice trailer and I really like it, but my daughter is leaving for school and I am downsizing a bit so I was looking to purchase a good 2H TB size trailer with a DR.  Unfortuantely this seems to be a very hard used trailer to find in my price range.  Because I have a large horse that really is too big to slant anymore and is rather tall, I hoped to get a trailer over 7ft.  Everything I have looked at is junk with major rust on the frames - totally unsafe without a major overhaul.  I saw an ad for an eclipse 2H trailer on special that is seriously close to my price range.  Any experience with this brand of trailer?  Has anyone bought a TB trailer w/out the dressing room?  I would be afraid my gear would be moving all over during trailering and/or the horses could chew on my saddles on the racks mounted in the front of this type of trailer.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
laurie
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2010-06-25 1:32 PM (#121519 - in reply to #121516)
Subject: RE: what to buy?

Extreme Veteran

I don't think it makes financial sense to downsize when you like what you have and you are not really downsizing much. Witha stock combo and switching to an enclosed you are probably not going down much in weight either. Just my opinion so take it for what it's worth but it is hard to find a nice 2 horse in good condition.
jemmajag
Reg. Jun 2010
Posted 2010-06-25 1:57 PM (#121522 - in reply to #121516)

New User

I would keep what I have, but darn horse is getting too tall and long for slant load. I have another big one that I can't fit in the trailer easily if I take up 2 spots for the big guy. I would love to have another stock/stock combo, but nothing comes in a taller size without a special order and then the cost really goes up. Right now my 3H slant has become a very large 1 horse trailer that is really not tall enough for my young guy anymore.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-06-25 2:35 PM (#121525 - in reply to #121516)

Expert

Originally written by jemmajag on 2010-06-25 11:48 AM

I am in the market for another trailer.  Unfortuantely this seems to be a very hard used trailer to find in my price range.  Because I have a large horse that really is too big to slant anymore and is rather tall, QUOTE]

BP? GN? Price range?

laurie
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2010-06-25 4:42 PM (#121530 - in reply to #121522)

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by jemmajag on 2010-06-25 1:57 PM

I would keep what I have, but darn horse is getting too tall and long for slant load. I have another big one that I can't fit in the trailer easily if I take up 2 spots for the big guy. I would love to have another stock/stock combo, but nothing comes in a taller size without a special order and then the cost really goes up. Right now my 3H slant has become a very large 1 horse trailer that is really not tall enough for my young guy anymore.

Pull out both partitions and then it should work for 2 large horses.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)