'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
fire extinquishers ( sp?)

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-06-23 8:17 AM
2 replies, 2840 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

To Much Trouble
Reg. Dec 2009
Posted 2010-06-21 1:28 PM (#121358)
Subject: fire extinquishers ( sp?)

Veteran

I have a smaller on in a built- in recessed area in my Sundowner...how do you know if they are any good ( still useable) and where would someone find a replacement to fit in the recessed area designated for it ?  THANKS
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2010-06-21 2:36 PM (#121362 - in reply to #121358)
Subject: RE: fire extinquishers ( sp?)

Expert

You should see some numbers stamped on the bottle/tag.... (2A-5BC) (2A-10BC) etc. Sizes are pretty standard and the small 5#-10# models are cheap enough that if your in doubt, replace it with a new one. If it's a dry powder, shake it upside down to free the powder, it tends to settle to the bottom specially shaking and bouncing in a trailer, if the powder is settled and packed down, the extinguisher will not work, no matter how much pressure there is in the bottle. If it has the plastic nozzle and valve, it's non-servicable. It's a one time use deal, use it once and throw it away. Check the gauge to see if it still has pressure. Check the date on the bottle to see when it was last serviced. And if your in any doubt, take it out back, pull the pin, discharge it and properly dispose the spent extinguisher.

Got a Lowes Home improvement near by???

http://www.lowes.com/pl__4294859071__s?Ntt=Fire+Extinguishers

Ace Hardware, Walmart, Home Depot, Internet stores, etc....

Maintenance tips....  http://www.firesystems.net/inspections/portable-fire-extinguishers.htm

To Much Trouble
Reg. Dec 2009
Posted 2010-06-23 8:17 AM (#121438 - in reply to #121358)
Subject: RE: fire extinquishers ( sp?)

Veteran

THANKS...I will check it out and see if it is any good...I figure not...it came with the trailer ..and the trailer is a 97..  I was thinking of replacing it.. cause when ya need it , it had better be in working order..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)