'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer Pricing/ Resale Value

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-05-26 10:55 PM
2 replies, 6182 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

EHC
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2010-05-26 7:39 PM (#120630)
Subject: Trailer Pricing/ Resale Value

Looking for comments from others in regards to value and pricing/ resale value of aluminum trailers in general during this period of economic down turn.I am looking to buy my first horse trailer. I have been searching for a 3 horse (4 star, Hart, Elite, Bloomer, Cimarron) living quarter trailer with 8'-10' short wall over the last month and am feeling frustrated. It would appear that any upper end unit that is 8' wide and 7'6" tall will be listed for over $30,000 even for a 10-12 year old trailer. Trailers of the same makes in the 7' wide and 7' tall trailers seem to start at $20,000 and go up depending on age.My questions are as follows:1) Have trailers maintained or increased in value? 2) How much negotiation room is there if any?/ and on what types or classes of trailers?3) For $25,000 what can a person expect in todays market?4) Where do you find the best value?/ individual?/Dealer?/Repo?Thank You!P.S. My background recently comes from the housing market where homes are selling for a substantial amount less in some areas.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-05-26 10:19 PM (#120633 - in reply to #120630)
Subject: RE: Trailer Pricing/ Resale Value

Expert

Just like your housing markets, trailers will vary in price depending on the economic status in which they are located. (used) The brands you mentioned are well noted, and will maintain their values for some time. I've found personal sales to be less expensive and easier to deal with than dealerships for used equipment. Some of our members have done very well with repo trailers, an avenue of which I am unfamiliar.

If you are willing to travel a day's journey, many times you can find that special trailer. There are many Internet sites that feature both new and used trailers. HTW is one of the larger ones. I have purchased two newer trailers and sold one older one through their listings. Presently there are 1342 (54 pages) of 3H GN trailers with LQs listed for sale. Obviously not all will suit you. Being open minded and realising there are many good brands, will ease your search. There are many manufacturers you did not mention, that would do you proud. Look for a good name and especially the best condition. That is one advantage of purchasing a used trailer; you get to see how well the good trailers have survived, and see the affects of poor construction before you buy.

Constantly browsing these adds might find you the one you want. A tour of the pricing will give you an idea of the values. Remember, especially with personal sales, the asking price is rarely the selling price. Also be careful of low pricing, as many have proven to be scams.

Best of luck

loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2010-05-26 10:55 PM (#120634 - in reply to #120630)
Subject: RE: Trailer Pricing/ Resale Value

Expert

gard said it all hope it helps in your find  
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'