'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Need help with rear view camera

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-05-05 7:40 PM
4 replies, 3135 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mtngrl456
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2010-05-04 10:12 PM (#119729)
Subject: Need help with rear view camera

Hi all, I'm hoping someone here can help me out with this. I bought a new-to-me 4 horse GN that came w/ a camera looking into the horse compartment and another out the rear of the trailer. The problem is that all I have is the 2 cameras, no monitor or anything came with it. The people I bought from didn't know anything about it and neither did the manufacturer, the cameras were added I guess by the first owner who didn't pass anything down to the 2nd and I'm the 3rd. I'd really like to get the cameras working but I'm not really sure what to do. I looked at the cameras and all I saw marked on them was Hetech RVC 400 CAM 1716 but nothing right came up when googling any of that. The cameras are small, about 1" diameter and about 2" or so long, round. There are wires coming out of them but I haven't messed w/ that at all at this point.Any ideas where to go from here? My budget is kind of tight and if possible I'd like to get these cameras working if possible instead of buying a whole new system since they're already installed.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2010-05-04 10:29 PM (#119731 - in reply to #119729)
Subject: RE: Need help with rear view camera

Expert

try looking google trailer camera and see if you could find you brand. that is the only idea i have hope it helps
Bleve
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2010-05-05 6:40 AM (#119735 - in reply to #119729)

Regular

Have you tried stopping in at your local Radio Shack? Or maybe call your local security installation company to see if they've heard of the brand / model. I'm guessing the camera's are wireless - with the wires you mentioned leading to a transmitter. Wish I could help more, good luck.
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2010-05-05 7:47 AM (#119736 - in reply to #119729)

Expert

You will need to determine if the cameras are wireless or wired.

If wired, you will just need to add a monitor to you truck. One that will accept at least two imputs. ( most accept 4 so that shouldn't be hard)  With the new monitor installled, connect the camera wires to the new wires on the truck and you will see what is behind.  Many of these monitor are mounted into the dash, which probably why the original owners didn't pass them on/

I would expect ANY high end car stereo place to be able to help you out.  Almost any new top of the line type of stereo will have a monitor to display a DVD for entertainment or a back up camera. These same monitors can what ever your camera captures.

If it is a wirelss camera.  You will need to find out what signal they send and put a reciever inthe truck in addition to the monitor.

mtngrl456
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2010-05-05 7:40 PM (#119772 - in reply to #119729)

ok, thanks!I'll try Radio Shack (only option here) and if they don't know, I'm heading up to Grand Junction Friday and there's got to be a place up there. Any one around GJ w/ suggestions for a place to try?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)