'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
hot water heater not lighting/hear two clicks.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-04-30 8:25 PM
8 replies, 7377 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

okie ann
Reg. Jul 2009
Posted 2010-04-24 11:13 PM (#119327)
Subject: hot water heater not lighting/hear two clicks.

Regular

gosh, if it's not one thing its another, so here goes with this latest problem. turned the hot water on in the lq yesterday, lit right away, had nice hot water in a good amount of time. today, NADA! hit the switch inside to light and nothing happens, don't even hear the ignighter. waited and tried again, nothing. the fridge works on gas along with the furnace, they are fine. have water in the tank, took the door off and checked for any animals, nests, etc and that was also fine. hit both reset buttons and they were not tripped, plenty of lp. nothing changed from when it was fine 24 hous earlier, didn't move the trailer. [it did seem loud when heating up when it ran earlier] 

it's a 6 gallon, atwood,DSI. went to their website and didn't find the correct situation. no manual came with it.

any help please.

thanks

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Gone
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2010-04-25 1:55 PM (#119333 - in reply to #119327)
Subject: RE: hot water heater not lighting/hear two clicks.

Elite Veteran

Maybe the module....
okie ann
Reg. Jul 2009
Posted 2010-04-25 2:04 PM (#119334 - in reply to #119327)

Regular

well i am a little better than yesterday. made sure the batteries were charged overnight, filled the holding tank, and now this is what i have. turn the switch on inside, can now hear it clicking, gas trying to light, the sound of gas, [that little rumble] but not lighting, shutting off and on 6 times, then i turned it off.

??? now what.

Gone
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2010-04-25 4:20 PM (#119337 - in reply to #119327)

Elite Veteran

Spider in the oriface(sp). If not, it could be the control valve.
Flooper
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2010-04-25 4:20 PM (#119338 - in reply to #119327)

Veteran

Mine does that sometimes too...just wont' fire up and keeps recycling. What I do then is hand light it by sticking one of those long camp lighters into where the pilot light is. Once the pilot light gets lit, I have no problems.
BlazingCreekBar
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2010-04-25 6:27 PM (#119342 - in reply to #119327)

Extreme Veteran

I googled your model.  It seems alot of issues on your model are solved by reseating the connetions (unplugging and replugging) and cleaning the ground contacts on the back of the circut board with a pencil eraser.

For my model, I like to air gun the nozzel and gas lines while using a small gun barrel wire brush each year.

You may just need to light it and run it for a while also.

okie ann
Reg. Jul 2009
Posted 2010-04-25 7:22 PM (#119344 - in reply to #119327)

Regular

thnakyou very much for your help, i greatly appreciate the input. just went out and tried it again and its the same thing, trying to light but just wont, keeps recycling.

will try tomorrow to pull the conections off the board, and clean it a little better. i do have a air compressor so will try this also. will try the suggestion of lighting it with a candle lighter too. it's so windy out right now i would be miserable-well more miserable that i am now trying to get this taken care of.

will keep you updated tomorrow, and if there are anymore ideas i am open.

okie ann

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-04-25 10:17 PM (#119349 - in reply to #119327)

Expert

Since you can hear the igniter working, I would suspect the heater is not getting a light off from a lack of gas. There is a gas solenoid that is electrically controlled. It has a separate wire from the board that pushes onto a terminal. If this is loose or dirty, the solenoid may not open. As was previously stated, if the board contacts are dirty, the solenoid won't get the correct signal.

You can check the voltage at the solenoid for 12V when the igniter is firing. If this voltage is not present, the board contacts may be dirty, or the board may have failed, which is not normally the case.

If the heater worked, but was loud, you may have a gas supply problem. This could be a partially plugged orifice, the burner assembly may need adjustment, or the air adjustment may be improperly set. There are many items than can effect the operation of your heater.

You need spark and fuel to have a fire. If you have one and not the other, just trouble shoot the part that is defective. 

okie ann
Reg. Jul 2009
Posted 2010-04-30 8:25 PM (#119563 - in reply to #119327)

Regular

great news, it has been working for three days!!! wanted to wait to post on here that it was working. treid several things all mentioned on here, but it looks like i indeed had to pull the circuit board, clean with an eraser, plug back in and it lit right away.

so, thankyou so very much everyone who helped me with my problem. many good people on this board.

okie ann

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)