'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Sundowner Flooring

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-03-30 6:23 PM
6 replies, 4525 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

LoveJubal
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2010-03-27 11:40 PM (#118078)
Subject: Sundowner Flooring

I just got under my Valuelite Trailer today and saw a decent amount of corrosion on the steel frame. I know this has been a problem with this particular model of trailer, but have any of you all had it fixed by Sundowner under warranty? Will they replace the floor or just patch it? I want the floor completely replaced! Has anyone dealt with any dealer in particular in Virginia? Lexington is probably the closest one for me, but they are all about 3 hours away, so if you had good luck with any of them, please let me know. Also, how long did it take the dealer to do the work?Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
3ponies
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2010-03-28 6:21 AM (#118081 - in reply to #118078)
Subject: RE: Sundowner Flooring

I have a 2003 Valuelite and had paint flaking off the floor cross members.  I think the flooring is aluminum so no problem there. Yes, sundowner did have them repainted.  I guess they took off the old paint and  replaced.   A Sundowner dealership did all the leg work then they contract it out to a company that does that kind of stuff.  There were no questions asked.  The biggest pain was driving several hours to a dealership.  In fact lots of dealerships have even closed.  
TPompei
Reg. Jan 2011
Posted 2010-03-28 12:57 PM (#118096 - in reply to #118078)

Do a search on this forum under Sundowner and you'll find more information. My frame was just recoated by my local sundowner dealer. One question to ask is, "Will you grind down the frame with a hand sander to bare metal before repainting with the undercoating?" Sandblasting and re-spraying isn't good enough, especially where the frame attaches to the flooring. Good luck and keep us posted.
To Much Trouble
Reg. Dec 2009
Posted 2010-03-28 1:06 PM (#118099 - in reply to #118078)

Veteran

I wonder..would the Rhino lining stuff they spray into truck beds be a better product for coating the underside of the trailers...it sure would last alot longer..Granted, a bit more pricey too, but the life expectancy would be much higher...just a thought...
tubbs
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2010-03-30 4:23 PM (#118222 - in reply to #118078)

New User

I think they replace the whole frame. But you need to take act now my frame is rusted out and sundower does not want to fix it becouse it is out of warranty. But i being told it is not a warrant problem it is a problem sundower is having. Lots of these trailers.

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2010-03-30 5:41 PM (#118228 - in reply to #118078)

Expert

Some old discussion.....

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-view.asp?threadid=11840&start=1

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-view.asp?threadid=8760&start=1

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-view.asp?threadid=12977

sundownerofaiken
Reg. Jul 2009
Posted 2010-03-30 6:23 PM (#118232 - in reply to #118078)

Take your trailer to the nearest Sundowner Dealer. Sundowner Mfg. will make any repairs as needed under the 8 year structural warranty. Typically if your floor needs to be replaced under warranty Sundowner Mfg will ask us replace the floor from the rear of the trailer up to the dress wall. Sundowner has no problem taking care of its trialers within the warranty period. But they do draw the line at 8 years. Lets face it if you and your trailer repair place let it go for more than 8 years without taking care of it, shame on you 8 years is a long time.

If you do not trust your local dealer to make the proper repairs you may take your trailer back to Sundowner Mfg for the repairs, or you can pay to have it shipped. When you get your trailer back it will be better than new. You will have to plan ahead they stay very busy at the plant.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Sundowner of Aiken
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'