'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
cherokee trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-03-30 11:05 AM
3 replies, 3051 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

texas2006
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2010-03-28 8:02 AM (#118083)
Subject: cherokee trailers

New User

Pros and cons please looking at a 06 super cheif 8 wide 10 ft sw How do they compare to 4 star elite c&C Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
CTRider
Reg. Sep 2009
Posted 2010-03-29 12:12 PM (#118139 - in reply to #118083)
Subject: RE: cherokee trailers

Extreme Veteran

We have an 08, bought this year but brand new, Cherokee Super Chief 3 horse with 10 ft short wall 8 ft wide, 7-6 tall. We love ours. I think I would consider it at least a higher middle end trailer. The only thing I would change would be better hinges and door handle attachments. The latches are good though. Our trailer pulls really well. We bought one last summer and I was in a wreck with it, totaling truck and trailer. I was hauling my horse and we were both unhurt. Structuraly the trailer held up extremely well while it was battered by a huge tree that had fallen across the road that I had to run through the top of since I couldnt get stopped. I think that attests to its strength and quality. We replaced it with an identical trailer. Ours has the Dream Catcher LQ which is done by Cherokee and is their top of the line as is the Super Chief. We are very happy with the level of quality in the Dream Catcher. Soft leather and real oak wood. Everything works great and the bed and sofa are super comfortable. I had a list of particular amenities and this trailer fit it. I have looked at 4 Star and Elite and other than the hinges and handles I think it stacks up pretty well.
ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2010-03-30 10:08 AM (#118204 - in reply to #118083)

Elite Veteran

I own a Cherokee and an Elite. The Cherokee as the other poster mentioned is a higher end Middle range trailer. Aluminum is not the same grade as Elite, 4-Star C&C etc. The hinges on the drops are pre-manufactured as on a lot of other trailers. Functional yes, beefy - no. So take care when tying a horse with the drops down or closing to hard as the pulls are plastic, not metal.

I've owned two Cherokees and have been pleased with the construction and functionality in comparison to the cost. You get a lot of nice ammeninties as found on the higher end trailers. So if the trailer meets your needs and your budget, I would not be hesitant in pulling a Cherokee trailer. They also have been very good to work with on warranty work.

SILVER
Reg. Feb 2010
Posted 2010-03-30 11:05 AM (#118207 - in reply to #118083)

We bought our first Cherokee last year. Love it! We have the 8 foot wide with 13 foot short wall. Decided this was going to our last trailer, so we did it up right. We went with the super chief because we wanted the back insulated for the horses. We like that with helping the horses cooler in the summer when we are hauling. The living quarters were done in OK. They did an awesome job. If I need something that the trailer didn't have by some chance, I just call the factory and the mail it out to me. I am not used to pulling such a long trailer, but it pulls really nice. Our trailer before this was quite a few feet shorter, so I just need to get used to it. But I can do it. If we were to ever get another trailer again, we would go with the Cherokee again. Lots of storage and beautiful living quarters. Hope this helps you.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)