'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Hawk trailers?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-03-19 6:07 AM
7 replies, 3549 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

sloegin
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2010-03-17 4:27 PM (#117730)
Subject: Hawk trailers?

New User

Hi

Does anyone have a Hawk Trailer?  Likes?  Dislikes? I'm looking at one with a Rumber floor. Any help would be appreciated!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
2bitnag
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2010-03-17 6:39 PM (#117733 - in reply to #117730)
Subject: RE: Hawk trailers?

Have friends who haul horses for a living and they had one built appr. 2 years ago with Rumbar floor.  They really like it, hauls nice, horses load and travel well.  Had a problem just after they bought it and Hawk fixed it promptly.
tico
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-03-17 7:06 PM (#117738 - in reply to #117730)

I have a Hawk that is a 3 horse with Living Quarters and I love my trailer! It hauls great and so far I have had no issues with the trailer. The horses like it as well. We are all happily going down the road toghether....so ok I'm probably a lot happier than the horses but they honestly don't really seem to mind.
TBchick
Reg. Feb 2010
Posted 2010-03-17 10:33 PM (#117749 - in reply to #117730)

Regular

I read somewhere that you shouldn't get rumber floors if your horse paws. I'm not sure if that's true or not. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has heard the same thing.
sloegin
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2010-03-18 5:45 AM (#117757 - in reply to #117730)

New User

Well, that sounds good so far....thankyou!
Kay
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2010-03-18 8:25 AM (#117762 - in reply to #117730)

Extreme Veteran

In response to TBchick, and in defense of Rumber flooring, let me tell you my experience.  We have a two horse straight load bumper pull with Rumber floor, and several years ago had a 17'2 three year old gelding with the bad habit of pawing constantly in the trailer.  (Yes, I know we should have taught him to stand in hobbles, and yes he is all grown up and still paws)  We hauled him every five or six weeks from Indianapolis to just short of Milwaukee, round trip to visit our farrier.  He made you want to tear his leg off and beat him to death with it.  The bedding was always piled high around his hind legs, but there is absolutely no sign on the floor that it was mistreated like this.  I am a believer.  I am also a dealer, and I sell lots of Rumber floored trailers primarily because I am such a believer and because they are so easy to take care of.
Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2010-03-18 12:01 PM (#117769 - in reply to #117730)

Elite Veteran

My first 2 trailers both had rumber floors and I kept the 2nd trailer for 10 years.  I hauled many horses in both trailers, and some pawed like crazy.  Even after 10 years of regular use, the floors looked like new, no marks, etc.  I am a firm believer in these type of floors and wish my current trailer had them instead of aluminum with heavy matts.

Another advantage of the rumber floor is you don't need mats, so you don't have to pull them out to clean the floor.  And mine came with a 20 year warranty - now who gives that kind of warranty for anything?

HappyTrailsTralers
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2010-03-19 6:07 AM (#117786 - in reply to #117730)

I have written an article about Rumber on my blog ( www.HappyTrailsTrailers.blogspot.com ) that suggests a mat on top of Rumber for horses that paw - this is because of the fact that there have been 2 instances to date where shod horses have pawed (divets) in Rumber floors - there may be pawing horses (slapping) their hooves down and there may be pawing horses really digging in their toes - When something happens once and is a possibility I will for sure consider it possible and mention it. Therisa Couch www.HappyTrailsTrailers.com
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)