'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
RE: Opinions On This Trailer Please

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-01-22 10:32 PM
2 replies, 2480 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Dmarr
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2010-01-22 8:28 PM (#115602)
Subject: RE: Opinions On This Trailer Please

Veteran

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=19036...

Has anyone heard of Yellow Rose trailers? What do you all think of this trailer? If you like it, what truck would I need to haul it with? If you don't like it, I'd like to hear why so I can learn more about what to look for.

Thank you in advance for your help!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2010-01-22 10:27 PM (#115604 - in reply to #115602)

Expert

A 3/4 ton truck or better to tow with.

Most important... Check the condition of the entire floor under the mats.  Urine & manure can destroy a floor very quickly.  Aluminum floor is very expensive to replace.

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-01-22 10:32 PM (#115606 - in reply to #115602)

Expert

The advantage to purchasing a used trailer, is that by inspecting its present condition, you can evaluate its build and materials' qualities. A 14 year old trailer that has held up well, was either not used much, or is well built.

At first glance I considered that it was built as inexpensively as possible. The right rear door has three hinges, where it might come into contact with the horse. The tack area only has two, an asymmetrical situation that isn't common. However, other photos indicate that it appears to be in a quite good condition, indicating an acceptable build. Only by a hands on inspection, can this be accurately determined.

The one photo showing the aluminum flooring would indicate that an acid washing will be necessary to stop some corrosion. If all the doors, dividers and latches work well, if the flooring is intact under the mats, and a look at the undercarriage reveals no problems, it looks like it might work out. I would factor in the cost of new tires, and the possibility of new brakes and having the bearings repacked.

BOL  Gard

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)