'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer Tack Room Leaking

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-12-04 8:52 AM
2 replies, 3762 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

painthorsechic
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2009-12-03 11:00 PM (#113920)
Subject: Trailer Tack Room Leaking

New User

Hello,I have a 2 horse slant 4-star trailer that is about 12 years old and is relatively in good shape, I have it owned it for about two years now. I have seen a few posts listed about leaking trailers. I was just wondering for those of us that are not very handy where is the best type of place to take a trailer to get a tack room leak fixed? I honestly think it is leaking in more than one place, I have noticed wets spots all over, possibly through the ceiling , the window on the the door, and even the carpeting on the floor as well as a wall that is carpeted is damp. I am not sure if a camper place can fix this, or if I should take it to a 4-star dealer. Of course the two trailer places close to me, which I have never had any work done at, but I have heard bad rumors about their work.I am from the Midwest area. Also does anyone know what this kind of job would cost?Thank you!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Pmoore
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2009-12-04 8:08 AM (#113925 - in reply to #113920)
Subject: RE: Trailer Tack Room Leaking

An easy way to fix roof leaks that does not require any special training is to use the roofing tape like you get at home depot or lowes, it is silver, get the widest you can find and run it down the seams it has a black tar like sticky side that you run down the seams, does require some cutting on the angles but is not too hard to do.

Pat Moore

terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2009-12-04 8:52 AM (#113932 - in reply to #113920)
Subject: RE: Trailer Tack Room Leaking

Elite Veteran

Ditto. Mine was done about 12 years ago and I've never had another problem.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)