'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
? for Brenderup Owners

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-11-16 7:23 PM
4 replies, 3109 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

goldhorse
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-11-10 9:52 PM (#113007)
Subject: ? for Brenderup Owners

I'm looking at a used Brenderup and trying to get past the weirdness of the thing. My question is how does it feel when you're on the highway and a semi goes by you? Does it feel unstable? Does it help to have a bigger towing vehicle for this? Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Sharon
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2009-11-12 1:15 PM (#113084 - in reply to #113007)
Subject: RE: ? for Brenderup Owners

Veteran

I used to have one that I towed with a 4Runner.  I had a lot of issues with it, but sway on the highway wasn't one of them.  Jerkiness over springtime frostheaves WAS... the surge brakes applied every time I went over a big bump... so consider whether that's an issue in your area.
albert
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2009-11-16 1:19 PM (#113232 - in reply to #113007)

i have a brenderup that i pull with a toyota 4runner 6 cylinder. Would like a more powerfull vehicile if I pulled it with more than one horse loaded. other than that no problems. Never had any issues with the surge brakes either.
Cjmprgirl
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2009-11-16 4:37 PM (#113245 - in reply to #113007)

New User

I had a Baron One Horse that I hauled routinely.  I hauled it with a Nissan Xterra and never had any issues.  The brakes were fantastic:)  They never activated until I let of the gas and then it was only enough to keep it from pushing my SUV.  If I had had a two horse I would have felt more stable getting something along the size of a Ford Explorer or comparable SUV but u really don't need a huge truck or SUV to tow.  I hauled it through the Tennessee/North Carolina Mountains(twisty &turny).  Never had any problems with truck blast or the trailer feeling like it was wanting to push or pull my vehicle and after ten hours of tough driving conditions my horse walked off it like he was walking out of the stall.  Only issue I had was if my horse had to stand in the trailer for a while(setting up stall at show) he would get hot, but he wsa a antzy throughbred.  So I suspect it was him.  Overall I loved the trailer and would not think twice b4 buying another one.  Hope this has helped and good luck.

rose
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2009-11-16 7:23 PM (#113250 - in reply to #113007)

If you havn't already, you might wish to look at the Brenderup website. I do not have one but have looked at the info for years. If I ever decide to buy a conventional hitch (non gooseneck) I would definitely look for a Brenderup.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)