'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Tires/Sensors

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-08-10 9:25 PM
42 replies, 10152 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ProCue
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2009-08-06 1:46 PM (#109070 - in reply to #109023)
Subject: RE: Tires/Sensors

Gard,

First, thank you for your post.  I appreciate your reaching out.

This may be the first post but I've been reading for a long time.  I understand how forums work and that upsetting the longtime regulars tends to upset the apple cart.  It doesn't really matter to me because I'm going back to read only.  I only asked for an opinion on the Greenballs because I'd read thru the posts for the last 360 days (no easy task), not finding any mention of those specific tires.  We were told by a large company specializing in trailer tires, these were about as good as you can get even if they are not well known.  I asked about these tires specifically.  I asked about tire sensors.  While he may have knowledge of these, the posts seemed condescending to both and very because I said so.  If it was not meant that way, that's fine.  He has knowledge to share, then explain it.  It doesn't take that much longer and educates the poster/reader.  I asked about first hand knowledge or why they aren't good and finally got the answer.  I am not new to trailering.  I've been pulling horse trailers for almost 25 years now. 3 members of my family own trucking businesses and we are a farming family.  I simply wanted to know if there was something new out there that was better than what I've previously used.   I was hoping for someone with specific information to those tires and the sensors to reply.  I did get that from the sensor folks.  And I thank them. 

Regardless, I'm done.  May the apple cart be uprighted and by all means carry on happily!  Have a fantastic rest of 2009 and beyond!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2009-08-06 4:12 PM (#109078 - in reply to #108946)

Expert

Here are some comments about Greenball Tires...

http://www.epinions.com/msg/show_~threads/cat_id_~3/id_~16703/forum_id_~124

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-08-06 4:50 PM (#109082 - in reply to #109047)

Elite Veteran

ProCue,

Thanks for posting your question.  I understand it can be intimidating and believe me, we do not want new members and new questions to go unanswered because - people are too afraid to ask.

To Gary aka Retento,

Apologize to this guest immediately for being blunt!  You really sounded like me . . . giving advice to my teenage son.  It's not a pretty sight but I didn't know how bad it looked until my wife told me to ease up on our son.  (Dads do that, I'm told.  I have trouble pointing out what appears to me to be - so obvious

Unless someone holds up a mirror (like I am doing) you don't see yourself and the image you project.  We are trying to help you because you contribute to the board, but if there's no one left to ask questions . . .

Retento?  Are you listening?  This is, after all, my house.  Ya gotta remove the heavy boots and gun belt at the door. 

Thanks.

Dave
HTW

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-08-06 6:04 PM (#109084 - in reply to #108946)

Expert

OK, alright, I'm sorry that I have upset Dave and ProCue with my reply's to ProCue's topic on "Greenball" tires and tire pressure sensors... I'm sorry if I have upset anyone else here at HTW, from something I've said in previous posts.... So, the best I can do now is delete everything I've posted on this topic...

Gary Batts,  AKA... Retento

Outta Here....

Edited by retento 2009-08-06 6:15 PM
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-08-06 6:14 PM (#109085 - in reply to #109084)

Elite Veteran

Thanks. 

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-08-06 6:28 PM (#109087 - in reply to #109082)

Expert

Originally written by DaveM on 2009-08-06 5:50 PM

To Gary aka Retento,

Apologize to this guest immediately for being blunt! 

Retento?  Are you listening?  This is, after all, my house.  

Dave

HTW

Why do these rules only apply to the people who help the most?????????

Why don't 't these same rules apply to the people who constantly only post to degrade others and cause controversy?????????????

Why aren't these rules unilaterally enforced?????????????

Edited by gard 2009-08-06 6:31 PM
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-08-06 6:47 PM (#109090 - in reply to #109087)

Elite Veteran

Originally written by gard on 2009-08-06 6:28 PM

Originally written by DaveM on 2009-08-06 5:50 PM

To Gary aka Retento,

Apologize to this guest immediately for being blunt! 

Retento?  Are you listening?  This is, after all, my house.  

Dave

HTW

Why do these rules only apply to the people who help the most?????????

Why don't 't these same rules apply to the people who constantly only post to degrade others and cause controversy?????????????

Why aren't these rules unilaterally enforced?????????????

Because we live in a fallen world and people are not perfect.  It takes work to build a community and it's not easy.  Nor is a community built by banning people who break rules.  EVERYONE breaks rules.   The main difference?  Some, like Retento apologized. 

Section I.  General Board Rules

1.  Please don't use the public board to argue and challenge board policy

or rule enforcement.  But we do want to hear from you.

If you disagree, or want clarification as to  why a particular topic, post or individual was removed feel free to question us.  Please email a moderator.    HTW  will attempt to respond to each and every inquiry posed to us in this format.  

And this one is extremely important as well.

2.  We reserve the right to delete any message or poster for any reason.  This is a privately owned board room - and those that seek to disrupt the board for their own purposes, gains or amusement will be removed at the owners discretion.

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-08-06 6:53 PM (#109091 - in reply to #108946)

Expert

So it's Ok for some people to flagrantly and often break the rules, and fear no retribution, because not only is it allowed, but condoned.

Others can't tell it like it is in an effort to distribute knowledge, and are chastised for doing so.

I know, it's your game and ball

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-08-06 7:06 PM (#109092 - in reply to #109091)

Elite Veteran

Originally written by gard on 2009-08-06 6:53 PM

So it's Ok for some people to flagrantly and often break the rules, and fear no retribution, because not only is it allowed, but condoned.

Others can't tell it like it is in an effort to distribute knowledge, and are chastised for doing so.

I know, it's your game and ball

You, actually, break the rules more often than anyone on this board, with your public questioning of things that irritate you in how I run the board.  So you should be banned.

Retento has a ruff style and intimidates newer posters with his blunt answers and style, so he, should be banned.

Let's play this thru since you choose to cross swords openly.  If this were your board, who would be banned?  According to the rules?

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-08-06 7:44 PM (#109093 - in reply to #109092)

Expert

[

You, actually, break the rules more often than anyone on this board, with your public questioning of things that irritate you in how I run the board.  So you should be banned.

Actually I may be the only one who questions the fairness of your enforcement, and for the record, I've done it once before.

Retento has a ruff style and intimidates newer posters with his blunt answers and style, so he, should be banned.

So someone who is blunt and helpful should be banned.

Let's play this thru since you choose to cross swords openly.  If this were your board, who would be banned?  According to the rules?

Those who only post to promote racism, bigotry, hatred and distention are allowed to continue unabated. Those who bully, degrade and insult others are allowed to post without interruption.

Why do you even bother to post or refer to the rules, when everyone breaks them, and the violators are automatically given a free pass and ignored? If you are going to have and enforce rules, do it fairly and unilaterally.

I prefer a public forum. Then unlike our last encounter, I can't be accused of saying things that didn't occur.

I've said my piece. Ban me for questioning your motives. Enjoy your last word.

Gardner C

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-08-06 8:13 PM (#109095 - in reply to #109093)

Elite Veteran

1.  No you are not the only one who questions the fairness of my enforcement of the rules.  How could you assume that?  But as you can see, I don't ride with a tight rein.  We do have more conservatives on this board than liberals, but I don't apologize for that - it's just the way it is.  I know that's very irritating to some, but I get irritated watching state run news channels too.  My board is just one small voice - and I hate to stifle it - it any direction.

2.  You're the one who complains constantly about retento & others with a differing ideaology than yours.  You are right, he is helpful but blunt. I chose to confront him with an apology.  I asked you to propose a solution and you turned it back to me in the form of yet another question.

3.  If you know individuals who promote racism, bigotry, hatred, disention, bully, degrade and insult others I want their names.  You can do so privately by email.  Like your previous emails to me, I will not disclose the contents.

4.  Like I've asked before, if you are so offended with the running of this board you are free not to post.  You've been around over a year or two now, if it was the last word I wanted it would have happened long ago

If you want people gone - feel free to share that with us too. 

sinful
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2009-08-07 7:07 AM (#109108 - in reply to #108946)

Extreme Veteran

I for one like my questions answered "blunt & to the Point"     Why beat around the bush, of course I am not easily offended either. 

Don't go away Retento...we all need you here.   That goes for you to Gard!

Tx. Vaquero
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2009-08-07 9:06 AM (#109111 - in reply to #109095)

Dave-thank you for letting me play from time-to-time. I'm sorry if I have caused you any heartburn. I'm sure gardner has outed me as a frequent offender. Where's Joe McCarthy now that we need him?
DD_TrailerMan
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2009-08-07 9:26 AM (#109114 - in reply to #109108)

Veteran

Ha, this seems to have gotten out of hand.
We all know who's playground we are playing on but come on....nobody wants Gard or Retento to quit posting.  Those 2 are the MOST important posters on this board.  When someone has a serious question, they call on those 2 for answers.  Blunt and to the point isn't a bad thing.  In my opinion, you would be better off listening to these 2 guys before you listen to some fast talking, self-serving salesman that doesn't always have your best interests in mind. 

Bartley Heath
bartley@doubledtrailers.com
Buy Factory Direct at DoubleDTrailers.com 

Edited by DD_TrailerMan 2009-08-07 9:41 AM
genebob
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2009-08-07 9:45 AM (#109115 - in reply to #108946)

Elite Veteran

I normally don't get into personal battles, but feel the need to comment on this one,

I am one of the people who value both Gards and Retento's knowledge. I don't always agree with them, but that is what free speech is all about.

Retento, on this post I also felt immediately that you were a little to harsh to a new poster. When he asked for specific information, he was chastised by both you and Gard. It's not the first time, but it is my belief that THIS time you both went a little bit over board.

I hope this one instance does not chase anyone away from this forum because WE ALL have things to learn and contribute.

As my signature says....

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-08-07 5:47 PM (#109140 - in reply to #109115)

Elite Veteran

As Thomas Jefferson said, “A little revolution now and then is a good thing.”

As some may have noticed, I moved the "political" post off our trailer board.  But so dear to me is this topic that I invite you all to ANOTHER board by the same owners.

www.politigab.com

You will find good company there for discussing politics.

And yes, they are mostly horse people.

hogtownboss
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2009-08-08 12:12 AM (#109155 - in reply to #109108)

Expert

Originally written by sinful on 2009-08-07 7:07 AM

I for one like my questions answered "blunt & to the Point"     Why beat around the bush, of course I am not easily offended either. 

Don't go away Retento...we all need you here.   That goes for you to Gard!

I agree with you 100%! We need them around these guys are great help!

HTB

Edited by hogtownboss 2009-08-08 12:14 AM
Spooler
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2009-08-10 9:25 PM (#109238 - in reply to #108946)

Extreme Veteran

I have debated posting on this thread for a while. While yes, some of the information is very useful that some of these folks post. The bottom line is this, nobody will stick around due to the way some folks handle themselves. If they were talking with you face to face they may come across very different. Forums, email, etc. are naturally very unpersonal and folks can come across in the wrong way. Do I condon this type behavior, NO. My opinion is this. If you have to talk down to someone and claim rule of this forum you may need to go somewhere else, but you can change if willing to do so. This should be a place to learn, have a good time, and enjoy each other in the horse hobby. That is some of the reason you don't see me post much. Just my .02 

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)