'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
installing water heater & Fridge

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-07-29 11:36 AM
0 replies, 2443 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2009-07-29 11:36 AM (#108727)
Subject: installing water heater & Fridge

Extreme Veteran

I'm getting ready to order a water heater and fridge for my weekender project. The studs in my DR are 14 inches apart. The service door for the 10 gal water heater is 16 inches wide, a six gal water heater is 13 inches wide. I want the 10 gal water heater. The Fridge I want has a 19 inch wide service door.  I need to install the fridge above the water heater.

The question is how do I deal with the space between the studs only being 14 inches wide. On the right side is a major structural stud, adjoins the gooseneck bulkhead, so I won't be cutting into that. That means I have to cut into the stud on the other side. Basically losing the structure that it provides. Do I install vertical bracing between the adjoining studs for strength? This must be something that conversions companies deal with all the time. I'm just not sure how to proceed.

Thanks, Betty

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)