'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Strawberry Reservoir Endurance Ride

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-06-20 9:02 AM
1 replies, 4032 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

trailcorral
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2009-06-20 2:02 AM (#106711)
Subject: Strawberry Reservoir Endurance Ride

Has anybody been to Strawberry Reservoir, in UT to ride?

Edited by trailcorral 2009-06-20 2:09 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2009-06-20 9:02 AM (#106715 - in reply to #106711)
Subject: RE: Strawberry Reservoir Endurance Ride

Expert

It's a great ride and well managed.  Howard and his team always do a great job. The views are stunning. Strawberry is one of my favorite paces to go ride. I usually help clear the trails in the spring and pull ribbons the week after the ride. And they usually get around 100 horses up there for the race. The first year we set up the course it was 50 miles long and 16,000 foot of verticle elevation.  That was too tough so we have modified the course, made it a little easier.  It still climbs from camp at 8200 foot to over 11,000. But we don't have as much total elevation change.

It will probably get a little wet this afternoon. Take a rain slicker.

The Quakies should be leafed out, Blue bells in full bloom.  If you are lucky you should see lots of elk, deer and maybe a moose.   And a very few once in a while see a black bear.

Parking can be a litte challenging in camp when all the rigs arrive. People travel from all over the America to come and race.  I have been amazed at the folks I've met from as far away as Georgia and North Carolina that drove out to compete.  Camp is at Mill B on Forest Service road 049.  It's several miles away from the lake but right on the Strawberry river.

The Wild Flowers are simple stunning.  All colors everywhere you look.

A lot of this ride is above Treeline. So you can see for ever.  And eys there will still be snow up there into the first week of July.

Edited by Painted Horse 2009-06-20 9:07 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)