'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Frame corrosion/electrolysis?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-04-20 11:19 PM
1 replies, 2217 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Paintgirl
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2009-04-20 12:10 PM (#103663)
Subject: Frame corrosion/electrolysis?

Some time back I saw a thread on the older aluminum with steel frame trailers having issues with the frames literally corroding off the trailer because of electrolysis.

I have a friend looking for a used aluminum trailer and I forget which brand was having that particular problem.  I belive that the manufacturer was correcting the defect but she wanted to be aware of which trailer manufacturer this was so we can be knowledgeable when she looks at trailers.

Anyone know which one this was? Thanks.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ridingarocky
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2009-04-20 11:19 PM (#103699 - in reply to #103663)
Subject: RE: Frame corrosion/electrolysis?

Elite Veteran

I have a CM Odessy that I had to replace the road-side escape door 4-5 years ago because of corrosion, and now am waiting for my trailer repair shop to receive replacements for ALL doors. Last fall we went underneath the trailer and drill sanded down the axles, the frame's crossbars, and all support structures before repainting with rustoleum.. They were actually in very good shape, the only part that was really bad was the underside of the curved part of the nose, which doesn't support any weight. I'm not sure how to reinforce that..My wood floor is still in very good condition... It's just the (supposedly) aluminum skin on the doors that keeps corroding..
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)