'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Camping in September

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-04-21 12:45 PM
2 replies, 3021 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Palominogirl010508
Reg. Apr 2009
Posted 2009-04-19 9:05 PM (#103627)
Subject: Camping in September

New User

We camp every Sept in a place called Benezett,Pa. It is a place the you can camp and ride the area and ride upon wild elk. It is nice mountain area and very relaxing. The place we stay is call The Big Elk Lick and for good reason. You can look out your camper/trailer and see elk grazing in the field beside you in the early morning or early evening. Should go and try it. Sandy runs the camp ground and is a wonderful person. Tell her Laurie Toy gave you the info.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2009-04-19 9:54 PM (#103633 - in reply to #103627)
Subject: RE: Camping in September

Expert

September can be some of the best times to be in the mountains.

It's fun to watch a big herd of elk. In Spetember around here the Bulls are bugling, The herds start to bunch up as the bulls collect their harems.

But it's also hunting season. so the elk become more secretative. You may see them, but they are not going to stand around for a photo shoot.

There is nothing like hiding and calling a big bull in. To have them come crashing in through the brush, Tearing up trees, blowing snot, ready to fight.

Marla
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2009-04-21 12:45 PM (#103729 - in reply to #103627)
Subject: RE: Camping in September

Extreme Veteran

Hunting season is a time of year that I try to stay out of the mountains with my horses.  I was very nearly shot out of the saddle one year when a rifle bullet ripped the saddle horn right off in front of me.  What with the missing horn and the stains on the seat, the saddle wasn't worth fixing!  Some hunters just can't control their buck fever and will shoot at anything.  My friend's 19 year old son was killed by a hunter as he sat sketching wildlife in the woods.  Last year, near Silver City, New Mexico, a couple of hunters were really excited about the huge mule deer they had bagged that morning.  While showing their tags to the ranger the ranger discovered they had shot a rancher's 1100 lb  mules!  Most hunters are responsible people, but like any group of people, there are enough bad apples to make the woods in hunting season a dangerous place.

Marla

Marla

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World