'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Back of Cabinets and Benches

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-03-17 7:47 AM
2 replies, 2493 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Rose66
Reg. Dec 2006
Posted 2009-03-17 1:03 AM (#101539)
Subject: Back of Cabinets and Benches

Veteran

Is it okay to save some weight in the LQ's by letting the wall of the LQ's be the back wall of the cabinets and benches as well as letting the floor of the LQ's be the bottom of the lower cabinets and benches?
Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Barfly
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2009-03-17 2:59 AM (#101543 - in reply to #101539)
Subject: RE: Back of Cabinets and Benches

Veteran

I see no reason why it wouldnt be fine. My LQ is done like that. Just make sure that the doors of your lower cupboards (in other words those which are on the floor) are raised above the floor by a few inches - otherwise if there is anything lying on the floor you wont be able to open it. Also if you are bare foot and you open the door onto your toes---it will hurt.
wyndancer
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2009-03-17 7:47 AM (#101547 - in reply to #101539)
Subject: RE: Back of Cabinets and Benches

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by Rose66 on 2009-03-17 1:03 AMIs it okay to save some weight in the LQ's by letting the wall of the LQ's be the back wall of the cabinets and benches as well as letting the floor of the LQ's be the bottom of the lower cabinets and benches?Thanks!

Even in today's new home construction, cabinet backs are an upgrade.

As the above reply stated, the base cab's need some distance off the floor to the door bottoms. I put mine at 3 1/2". That allowed room for the finish floor and a rug.

The easiest construction is to place the vinyl flooring down and build up from that. Over the plywood of course. If you choose a laminate floor your construction will vary accordingly.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)