'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer weight questions

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-03-16 9:14 AM
1 replies, 3075 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Killrail
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2009-03-14 10:07 PM (#101386)
Subject: Trailer weight questions

Veteran

I have a few questions...

First, on the badge of my WW it has this:

GVWR 5908

lbs GCWR 5000lbs

GAWR-lbs.ft 3500/ int.---/ R.3500 (which I figure is the axle ratings)

But what is the difference between the GVWR rating and the lbs. GCWR rating? Whatever they mean there is a 908lb difference, so what is that about?

Also, I am talking to someone in another state that has a horse trailer I might be interested in BUT I am trying to find out the weight of the trailer (empty)...what do I ask for? Is there a rating like the GVWR or GCWR that might be on the badge or on the title of the horse trailer...that I can ask.

She doesn't seem to know much about the trailer when I just asked for"loaded" weight and "empty" weight she said "I don't know"...so I am wanting to email her back and ask for the GVWR and GCWR rating..but I am not sure what the "empty" weight is called or where she might be able to find it.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tresvolte
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2009-03-16 9:14 AM (#101453 - in reply to #101386)
Subject: RE: Trailer weight questions

GVWR is you "Gross Vehicle Weight Rating". This is the total amount of weight that your trailer is rated for. 5908 is the total weight allowed for trailer, horses, tack, feed, water, and any other thing that is loaded into the trailer.

In your case on your trailer, GCWR will be your "Gross Cargo Weight Rating". This is the what the trailer is rated for not including tongue weight. Just for the record, GCWR is typically on the two vehicle and it is "Gross Combined Weight Rating".

The 908 lbs is the maximum tongue weight.

Some states will have a trailer's empty weight on the title, but some don't. Newer trailers below 10,000# GVWR are required to have a sticker on them stating maximum amount of cargo weight and weight of trailer.

The ONLY accurate weight is a weigh ticket from a certified scale. She can easily take it to a truck stop or co-op that has a scale and get a weight.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)