'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
how to clean rough out?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-11-05 8:23 PM
1 replies, 2996 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ridingarocky
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2008-11-05 1:58 PM (#94317)
Subject: how to clean rough out?

Elite Veteran

Anybody know how to clean rough out?  My daughter's new saddle got a couple of spots on the jockey flap right after we got it.. I soaped it lightly today even though I know it's a no-no.. Will an aerosol spray-type suede and nubuck cleaner work on it? I don't want to ruin the velvetyness of the rough out..it helps keep my daughter's behind where it oughta be.  I think our former cat peed on something nearby and got a couple of spots in a very visible spot.. I'm kinda anal retentive about my (hers/our) saddles and just want to get it looking good again. Either that or have the whole thing darkened (it is new, raw-looking leather)  so that it doesn't show so much.  I oiled it (not the rough out) with lexol right after we got it, but it really hasen't darkened much that you can see.

Edited by ridingarocky 2008-11-05 2:11 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Marla
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-11-05 8:23 PM (#94348 - in reply to #94317)
Subject: RE: how to clean rough out?

Extreme Veteran

Use shaving cream and a plastic brush. after scrubbing the stain out with the brush, wipe with a damp, not a wet, towel. Let dry and brush again.

Marla
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)